Channels Says New Play on Cloud account not active yet

Created a Play On Cloud account yesterday. Play On Cloud has recorded some shows I requested, but Channels DVR says that my Play on Cloud account is not active yet.

I attempt to add Play on Cloud as a source, I follow the link to login to Play On Cloud.
I succeed in logging in to PoC, and it says my Channels DVR is linked. When I return to the Channels browser tab it displays this error message.

Play on Cloud does not appear in the list of sources, recordings are not automatically downloaded.

After observing this problem I updated to version 2023-05-07 but the problem still exists.

1 Like

Did you confirm your email

2 Likes

I have not received a specific request to confirm my email, but Play on Cloud has sent me multiple emails advising me that recordings are completed, and I have downloaded them to the computer running Channels DVR.

We are using a Pi Hole DNS server. Can you please telling me what URL is used by Channels to confirm the pairing?

https://api.playonrecorder.com/

You would need to contact PlayOn support to figure out what's happening with your account

I agree that this is a problem at Play on Cloud. I contacted their support and
they are already ignoring me.

Whitelisting api.playonrecorder.com in our DNS servers did not resolve this. Thus
it was not a DNS problem.

When I first created the account I typoed my email address, I immediately changed it.
I'll use the credits I have because that part is working, then I'll abandon the account
and possibly create a new one or maybe not.

Not a Channels problem, thanks for the reply.

As stated earlier, I decided to use up my credits on Play On Cloud, cancel the never-activated account, and create a new Play On Cloud account while being careful to enter my email accurately the first time.

This strategy worked. Once I got the activation email for my new account and followed the link I was able to add Play On Cloud to my Channels instance.

This conclusively proves there was never a problem with Channels.

We followed up with PlayOn and this should be resolved now.