Channels thinks its host tailscale address is a HDHR

Seemingly out of nowhere, an alleged HDHR popped up in my source list.


The address listed there is the tailscale address for the Mac mini where Channels DVR Server is running.

There is no menu item to remove the HDHR unfortunately (at least that I can find), so I disabled it in the source Manage menu.

However, when I check the logs, Channels still seems to be repeatedly looking for a lineup for HDHR:

Is there any way to stop this behavior?

Disable HDHR emulation in PrismCast

2 Likes

Why isn't this the default?

I know, ask the developer

He might not be using HDHR at all and doesn't think this is a problem. Somebody should let him know.

Or he might be using Plex and uses the HDHR emulation.

Or both.

If you tell him, and he even replies, my guess is it will be "So disable it then".

Will do. Thanks you so much for the help.

1 Like

Why are you so negative?

Just being realistic.
It's enabled by default to make it easy for Plex users.

If you want the default changed, bring it up with the developer, not me.