Channels Web Player Not Working In Tesla Browser

I am new to Channels and thought I would try entering "my.channelsdvr.net" into the integrated Web browser in my Tesla while charging. I was pretty excited to see that the software explicitly supported the tesla web browser because the login banner said something like "Welcome to Channels DVR on your Tesla" (or something like that).

I was able to log in and browse my library all fine, but when I go to play any type of media file (weather a personal video file or something recorded on my HDHomerun Prime), the video window shows up paused, shows the transcoding rate and statistics below it, but I can never start the video playing. I know my out-of-home settings are correct and everything works great outside the house on Android, iPhone, iPad, FireTv, Chrome Browser and Firefox Browser. I have watched shows on my channels server externally using broadband and cellular flawlessly. I have not waited to see if the video would play on the Tesla if I waited for it to finish transcoding (at about 140fps on QNAP server w/hardware transcoding)...but even if it did, it would not be useful. I am running latest version 2023.05.11.1938. Any suggestions would be great.

Awesome software though. Everything has far exceeded my expectations so far!!!!!

Hmm, it used to work, this thread may have better info:

Thanks for the info.
Upon using channels a bit more, the problem I am experiencing does not seem to be related to the Tesla browser, but the web browser player in general. The problem where the video stays in "remux" mode happens about 90% of the time I try to play an HDHomerun/Comcast recorded video using either the Tesla browser via cellular, or with Chrome for Windows via wired local LAN.
The video window sits with the spinning circle and something like this below video window:

Remux Running at 3mbps: 41m5s @ 5.20x (310.55fps)

I have found out that I can get the video to play if I press the 30-sec skip forward button, the video WILL PLAY. It works, but is a bit annoying.

Also, looking at my logs, I have noticed that whenever this issue happens with the web player....I get an error like this one immediately after the log entry of "starting encoder for xxxxxx":

[mpegts @ 0x99a44c0] Packet corrupt (stream = 0, dts = 5023716723), dropping it.

Any ideas?

I can barely get a song to play in my car these days, so I’m not surprised the video player in the browser is struggling.

While I empathize, as a Tesla driver myself (it’s why I made this), there’s not much we can do to optimize for it as it’s just a JS HTML5 video player in a browser.

I’ve seen it work, and not work, just like the music apps. My money is on whatever shenanigans they’re doing on the MCU, which seems to have gotten worse every update.

Unfortunately we don’t really have the time to dig into why this isn’t working reliably, especially when it’s very likely it’s the computer it’s running on, and not really anything that we’re doing. :neutral_face:

OK, I totally understand but am now really curious to get to the bottom of why my recorded streams are riddled with corrupt packets. Could it be a problem with my cable signal or HDHomerun?