Cleanup Deleted Recordings?

I am using Channels DVR to integrate and record from all of my sources recording from TV Everywhere, Locast, and HDHomerun tuners.

Then I reprocess and reorganize the recordings with MCEBuddy and move them into the libraries for my media center.

Is there a way to have Channels DVR cleanup it's recording database and remove the files that have been manually deleted or removed by other programs?

Regards.

-Scott

2 Likes

Send an HTTP PUT request to the /dvr/pruner/deleted endpoint on your Channels server.

For example:

$ curl -XPUT http://127.0.0.1:8089/dvr/pruner/deleted
1 Like

Thanks for the super helpful replies guys.

Obviously that is super easy to script and schedule and now my server cleans itself up every morning at 5AM.

-Scott

1 Like

I'm having a deletion problem too. Shows are recorded correctly and are deleted from the database appropriately but don't delete the file correctly. For example each morning I record the news, set to only keep the newest one. My Channels DVR interface correctly shows that only one episode is available, but if I look at the Windows Explorer folder it has many and I need to manually delete them or the drive would get full. Does Pruning help with this, or is there another setting I'm missing?

Actually just found your new feature to keep things around for 7 days. So I guess this is the desired/anticipated way it should work, and things will disappear after 7 days. My news example happens to record 7 days x 8GB so I noticed the drive filling faster than usual.

You're correct. We have a new feature we are testing to make deleting less scary:

In the latest build it now provides a setting to specify if you would like to keep recordings in the Trash for 1, 3, or 10 days: