Client Channel DVR Application for Android Phones and Tablets

I like to know when the client channels dvr application will be available for Android Smart Phone and Tablets

I would love to see an Android app as well…web version is very nice but to have an app would be awesome!

There are no plans for Android app at the moment, since it’s a big project to support all the different hardware and screen sizes out there.

It would be helpful if you listed the models of the phone/tablets you own so we know which ones to prioritize in the future.

Ok thanks…I understand the complexity. I mainly use a Google Pixel 2 XL running Android 8.1 . I will occasionally use my Amazon Fire tablet and an older Asus Transformer tablet. Only issue seems to be rewind and fast forward (which i posted about in another thread) but mainly occurs on the tablets which are older,so that could be why. Thanks again for all your hard work!

My Android phones are Samsung Galaxy S8+ and LG V30

Thanks for the info makes my decision easier … to use another DVR option. All my devices are Android … tablets and phones.

It would be helpful if you listed the models of the phone/tablets you own so we know which ones to prioritize in the future.

I suggest develop the client application with html5 so you cover all mobile os and platforms.

You don’t need to worry about maintaining multiple code base.

We already have an html5 UI available for the DVR, which works on any device. You can use it via https://my.channelsdvr.net

Wow, i did not realize it and i use the html5 app on my android my phone

I use a Google Pixel 2 XL phone and an Asus Transformer Tablet. Only real issue I have is that I can not rewind live tv…recorded shows seem to work fine. I did have issues with my tablet but as of yesterday I upgraded it to Android Nougat and it’s working ok now just no rewind on live tv as well

Is the app based on ionic framework?

We have a beta available: BETA: Channels for Android phones/tablets

Awesome news!! Thank you! I've been using it and so far I love it. Thanks again for all your hard work! :smiley: