Closed Captions are gibberish

I haven't normally used Closed Captions but have been lately as I do my morning workout. Trying it on Channels for the Today Show, it's not usable. I've tried several days in a row. There are some readable words but plenty of gibberish. I'm using the Android TV Beta, and submitted diagnostics at 8:56am this morning.

Switching over to HDHomeRun, the closed captions work perfectly.

1 Like

Im seeing this too. Total gibberish on recordings that i know displayed this correctly.

Is this being looked into? This is a pretty fundamental function so would think it would warrant attention.

I'm my case, the closed captions are largely gibberish when watching the program live. It's not limited to the recordings

HDHomerun software is fine.

Upgrade to the latest testflight beta fixes issue:

This is for iOS/tvOS, so I guess we have to wait for an Android fix. Meanwhile, I reported this on the Android side over three weeks before the apple bug report.

Not sure what would have caused the issue on December 1st, but I've just released a build for Android that has the fix we released for iOS. Please let us know if the latest beta build fixes your issue.

The new beta fixes CC for me. I use them all the time. For several months, I would have just one channel that wouldn't do CC correctly. Now they all work fine for me.

No, I just updated to the latest beta and CCs are still not working on the Nvidia Shield. Total gibberish.

What version of the app?

What video driver setting?

BETA 12.27.2059

Hybrid decoder

Note: I switched to hardware and it works.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.