Commercial detection not working on HEVC recordings

Okay so those previews are missing too..

I guess I need someone to send me one of these recordings to see why its failing to generate previews.

I just submitted an atsc 3.0 newscast from the other day

Uploaded the masked singer that was causing.

2022/02/15 16:40:02.524017 [ERR] Failed to generate preview @ 3695.38: signal: floating point exception (core dumped)
1 Like

Great, thanks. Reproduced on linux DVR

Yep that's my platform as well

About an hour ago I set up two recordings on two ATSC3 channels and then let comskip handle the HEVC afterwards. I’m checking the DVR webUI now and all the thumbnail/previews are appearing fine.

I do note however the details say “processed 8 hours ago in 17 minutes” but that’s not true, it was processed just a few minutes ago when the recording completed. Similar report on the other one, it says “processed 9 hours ago in 14 minutes.”

Thanks. That is what I was seeing on mac too, it works fine there.

Updated to 2022.02.15.2244 redetected commercials. Still a no go. Also it’s showing it was processed 6 hours ago but it was 15min ago

Okay the preview image issue on Linux is fixed.

I'm not sure what's going on with the incorrect processing time. Maybe related to timezone setting. That time comes from the comskip.log where it says "Time at start of run:" at the top.

Verified fixed in 2022.02.16.0021
As far as time I don’t know, its showing correct in the comskip log. Not a big deal

Same here. Not a big deal, I’ve never visited this page before. The discrepancy just jumped out at me. My Channels DVR shows my timezone correctly set as PST. The time mentioned on comskip.log is correct.

That sounded familiar...

Yea, that date bug has been around for years and has been reported multiple times.

Thanks for confirming the log is correct. Should be fixed in next build.

Due to signal issues going to have to record a couple nbc 3.0 channel airings. Is any feedback still needed? I’m on 2202.03.0209 been waiting to see if a stable release shows up as the TVE has been working fine on this version.