Confused about watching FOX News via Sling

me too

I can log into FNC by using https://www.fox.com/live/channel/FNC/ and I can watch it online.

It shows up as a watchable/recordable channel in your channels guide?

I'm out of ideas. One of the devs will have to respond.

Thanks for the help, it's much appreciated!

Don't know if this will do anything for you having issues, but I remembered I had to do this on my NAS's and pull an updated Docker image for my Docker TVE. May be worth a try.

Yes. It showed up when I first added Sling as a source. I did have to rescan a couple channels like NBCSN, but did not have that problem with FoxNews. Shows up as channel 6073.

thanks for reply, hmmm... ill try rescanning again, but to confirm, do you have only sling blue with no other upgrades? i have blue with biz channels upgrade (to get fox business)

Please upgrade to prerelease and try again. If it's not working it's likely due to a bug on our side. It's not clear why it works fine for some people.

Sling has proven to be the most challenging to support because of the various packages and addons.

1 Like

Hmm, that makes it a little stranger: I only have Blue and I'm getting Fox Business, too, in Channels

I'm currently running prerelease version 2021.05.21.0113

I'm still getting no authorization.

Besides the free channels, these are the only ones I'm getting.

thanks for a reply from the dev team

Are you running pi-hole, a firewall or something similar that might be blocking the chrome browser Channels DVR uses for TVE?

What are you running Channels DVR server on?

I can stream my local PBS in Firefox with Location service disabled, so they may just be geo-locating using my IP address, but I know Fox needs Location service enabled in the browser and probably uses some geo-location server.

1 Like

I currently have fubo tv running as well and the fox news channel works fine. I'm running it on a Synology DS718+ and have had Playstation, ATTTVNow, Vidgo and previously Sling all working fine. Nothing has changed on my network.

Another update. I can't get NFL Network, FS1 and the Olympic Channel either. I can, however, access them via their live streaming sites.

Did you update the Channels DVR headless Chrome on your Synology?
Couldn't hurt to try.

I follow the instructions and it starts checking for authorization before I can hold it down for 1 second. This is very frustrating!

Also, I'm somewhat of a novice with the Synology NAS. I will need to figure out how to us the API.

You don't need to use curl and the API. Just do this...
click add source, select dish (or any other provider you don't have) enter test/test for user/pass click-AND-hold the Sign In button for one second.

What that does is load the updated Chrome. It doesn't actually add the dish source.
Then you can try rescanning your Sling channels.

I understand that. I click and hold on sign in and it immediately goes to authorization. I never release the click.