Connection Lost: JWT without expiration (FS1, FS2 & BIG)

It just happened again. This is the 3rd time this week and I'm tired of deleting the source.

@Maddox @Eric @tmm1

This did not last, however, I re-added the source and it was fixed for a day or 2 and then it happened again. Re-scanning the individual channels does not work. Must re-add the source.

Does anyone know where channels stores the JSON Web Token. I would think it's somewhere in the chromedata folder in order to persist after reboots/restarts.

Maybe try doing an update password before removing and re adding the provider source?
I'm not sure if just removing and re adding the provider source clears the chromedata folder for that provider.

Thanks but I did try that. The problem happened again within two days.
I updated the password.
I re-scanned one channel to see if the error was still there. It was.
I removed and re-added the source. Fixed for two days.
Problem again.

Same here, Spectrum TVE.

That should clear your provider folder in the chromedata folder

That may have redownloaded the non-expiring token again

Not sure if that clears your provider folder in the chromedata folder

I'm just guessing here since I haven't run into the issue using Fubo (yet).

Actually, I am using Fubo and Dish for TVE.
Both services have to fail before I know I have a problem since most are duplicate channels.
Fubo does scan and authorize much quicker :wink:

Edit: I will try what you suggest again without testing in between the nest time it fails.
Thanks!

Wouldn't hurt to do an extra Update Password after re adding the source and re-scanning any failed channels. I really think it's either FOX Sports auth services are misconfigured or the way Channels is handling the token. Nobody seems to know, or for some reason won't discuss it.

This latest pre-release should resolve the issue. It will require tuning into the channel more than once to clear out old cached values but should prevent it from happening again in the future.

3 Likes

Thank you, @eric

1 Like

Seems to be much happier, thanks! Like you said, I had a station with the JWT error and had to hit rescan twice to get it to work. On the second one, it took a LONG time (like a couple of minutes), but after that it resolved. The other stations then seemed to scan much quicker and played fine. Will keep an eye out just in case!

3 Likes

Thanks!!

1 Like

I just decided to test it today (haven't used any of these stations in a week) and FS1 failed. I had to go through the rescan process again to get everything back. So the solution works, but is unstable.

Submitted diagnostics: 495ca6c3-16d0-4d3f-bb7d-325f6de5a0c2

It doesn't appear you ran into the JWT issue. This looks like the long-standing issue with the FS1 website where it sometimes just has javascript issues that prevent the pages from working.

I did a check for pre-release update and it says,

Version: 2024.01.08.1431
Up to date!

Do I have to use another method to force the pre-release update?

1 Like

https://community.getchannels.com/t/pre-release-access-for-dvr-subscribers/33035#updating-to-prerelease-11

If that doesn't work, check the dvr log to see if any errors trying to update

5 posts were split to a new topic: Troubleshooting DNS issues

Thank you for getting these channels working again.