Crash trying to watch recording

The IOS and Apple TV app crashes when I try to watch a recording. I can watch via MrMC and Infuse but not within the Channels app. I just installed this beta to see if it would resolve but it is still crashing

So watching live tv is fine?

What version of tvOS and version of Channels app is installed?

Yes live tv is fine. I am running the latest stable release on my iPad Pro and iPhone. I updated the Apple TV to the latest public beta.

Channels app is 2.1.10

I just made sure everything was up to date, rebooted all devices and it is working. I have no idea what the issue was but it seems to be good now :wink:

1 Like

From the video you sent, it looked like the player was closing right away and the app was still running (as opposed to crashing to the iOS home screen).

My guess is the DVR wasn’t able to access the recordings for some reason, and when you rebooted the issue got fixed. You can check the Log tab of the DVR web UI to see what was going on earlier, or next time in case it happens again.

Having the same issue on my Fire tv app crashes goes to home screen. Reboot didn’t help. Movie plays Fine on Web and kodi