Cute little touchscreen / smart alarm clock / BT speaker / charging dock that is now also a TV running Channels

Sounds like a great idea for a Feature Request in a separate thread :+1:

Got mine hacked and watching Channels right now. I bought this thing not being sure exactly how I want to use it but I love tinkering with a new tech toy.

It’s cool as hell that Channels runs smoothly on it but tbh…. I didn’t see myself using it that way. I’m in a small condo with a big screen in pretty much every room after all. But now I’m not so sure. I’m already seeing a couple use cases. Aside from a bedside screen, it’s also a good fit for when I’m watching the news while working since it fits nicely below my monitor.

Thanks again @Fofer!

1 Like

One tip for this, at least as it applies on the Lenovo. Since the pop-up screen is too long and doesn’t fit on the tiny screen, you’ll have to configure this option via server-side settings instead, or use the Set Orientation app on the Lenovo, switching to portrait mode temporarily in order to see the full pop-up..

Glad you’re enjoying!

Does this (Streaming Original) require a beta client, Im not seeing it on my FireTV 4.6.1 stabble.

I’m almost certain this feature was there before, but the latest beta 15 days ago moved its location.

Unfortunately I don’t have another Android device on the public release track handy to check and let you know where to find it. I’m sure someone else will chime in though, here or in another thread.

And if not, it’s worth updating to the beta for!

It is only on the Beta right now.

Hey @Fofer what are you using for the “idle” Home Screen?

Got channels working on this. Kitchen tv activated and spousal verbal jabs incoming :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use mine as an alarm and Clock / Weather when not viewing channels.... easy to go back and forth.

In the kitchen I leave it on the stock Clock / Weather, I think it just looks nicest. In the bedroom I have it on Discreet Launcher, set it up with a dark screen, only a clock with date in the middle.

I swipe down to see my favorited apps, and tap to launch one.

2 Likes

Possibly dumb question: how do you get Channels beta on this device without the Play Store?

“Manual sideload:”

Hmm, thanks. At least on iOS and tvOS, this used to be under the “Debug” menu. That recently changed.

FYI, this eBay seller just put more of these up for sale, $35 shipped. I bought my original one from this seller and it was like new. Just ordered a 2nd one. This one shows open box but they have a separate listing for the same $ that’s marked as refurbished.

Very cool! Just note, that listing doesn't include the charging pad, which also is not sold separately.

I didn't expect much but I'm kind of liking the charging pad. The phone requires precise placement, but I appreciate how the base of the clock lights up for a moment, to confirm it'll be charging.

Good point. I got the charging pad with my first one and I like it as well but don’t have a need for a second charging pad.

1 Like

$30 shipped (used but seller has :100: feedback with over 10k reviews)

No I’m not affiliated :grinning:
No charging pad, no free smart💡but this is the lowest I’ve seen since the Lowe’s deal

The fonts on the screen keep getting bigger and bigger is there a way to set the fonts small again ?

Hmm, I haven't seen that issue before. Is is system-wide for all apps or is it in your home page / app launcher?

Home page launcher. Have to do a lot of scrolling.