Default Source for Channel Logos

Is there a way to set channels to use the channel logos through channels/EPG mapping as opposed to from an m3u source? I use an m3u link with some broken links, which I can clear - but the provider regularly updates the list and they come back. Currently I have to manually go in and clear the broken links again, and then choose re-download channel logos.

It'd be easier if I could set channels to ignore the channel logos from the provider and use the ones channels provides.

This has been requested before and we agree. It’s on the list.

4 Likes

Same exact issue here.I fixed it a few times by manually updating the obsolete logo links in editor and replacing but it’s a hassle.if could select from logos from server instead of playlist would make channels dvr so much better..Thank you for considering this request

Please try the new prerelease.

1 Like

Just to confirm, this change will mean that whatever guide data is being used, will be the default preference for channel logos? So - if I am using the channels guide rather than a custom XML URL for guide data, the nice logos channels provides will be used? (I'm hoping this is the case!)

:+1:

1 Like

Is there a way to toggle this? Sounds like I may be in the minority here, but I put custom logos with an m3u editor, but use Channels guide data not xml list. It's defaulting to logo provided by Channels data and not my custom logo. I would prefer my custom logo from the m3u source (added in the editor). ETA: I guess my point is that I wish we had to option to choose where the logo is pulled from in the settings for each source.

I'm in the same boat as @cculpepp. Either via an option as suggested by @cculpepp or maybe use a new Channels Extension tag, e.g. tvc-logo-url that would get a preferred treatment over the new XMLTV guide data feature and Gracenote.

Agree with an override option. I prefer my local affiliate logo for my ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CW and PBS logo over the general logo. Granted this is only a handful of stations but would still prefer to have these back

I agree - this threw off my whole guide, because my EPG source WebGrab+Plus uses inconsistent and outdated logos. I uploaded my custom logos directly to channels under images and linked them in M3U. I think M3U should always be preferred or there should be a setting to choose the default logo source.

We'll add an option so you can pick which side should provide logos

4 Likes

I disagree with the former, but do agree with the latter.

The default should be to prefer the guide-provided logo, whether through tvc-guide-stationid in the M3U playlist or from the icon entity in the XMLTV. However, the Custom Channel settings ought to include an selector to choose which logo should be preferred: the tvg-logo from the playlist, the icon from the XMLTV, or Channels' own logo when a tvc-guide-stationid is provided.

Oh wow, will this allow us to change the illegibly small new logo that KCAL foisted upon us? It's a local OTA channel from my HDHomeRun.

Edit to add: I see this, so yeah, I'm off to the races! Thanks all :partying_face:

I struggled with overriding a logo with a logo. You have to not void out the lineup. It will leave you with 2 channels each with different logos if I remember correctly. You could favorite the logo you like but there will always be a double entry in the “all” collection. I also think I saw this in the mlb I was working on so you may need to ditch the station Id.

This is how I did it for mlb. Notice the different logos on same channel 777 on two different channel collections

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1 channel-id=“KCR" channel-number="777" tvg-logo=“https://logodix.com/logo/53183.png” ,tvg-name="KCR",KANSAS CITY ROYALS
http://192.168.1.208:8089/devices/ANY/channels/777/stream.mpg

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id=“STL" channel-number="788" tvg-logo=“https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/prosportsteams/images/9/92/St._Louis_Cardinals.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120825200804” ,tvg-name="STL",ST LOUIS CARDINALS
http://192.168.1.208:8089/devices/ANY/channels/788/stream.mpg

Would be great to have the option. I spent a lot of time setting up my own logos in Tvheadend and now they have reverted.

A setting was added to Custom Channels in the latest prerelease

1 Like

Hello,

I keep toggling this setting but I keep getting these square logos on the Samsung TV+ any way to get it to match the other sources or change these block logos? Any guidance would be appreciative.

1 Like