Did I miss something? $25 per FireTV device?

$25 is an expensive app on FireTV. I did pay it for my first device. Am I expected to pay $25 per device? That seems a bit excessive for 4 different TVs. I installed it on a single 4k FireTV dongle. And I was asked to pay again for my FireTV Cube. I can’t see that I am getting that much more than the InstaTV app other and a slight amount of FFW & RWD. That’s not worth $25 per TV to me.

One purchase works on all your FireTVs. The Amazon site can be confusing, but if you go to https://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/your-account/myapps you can see your purchase and send it to all your devices.

The Channels app is a one time purchase of $25. That purchase will share across all devices for a specific app store just like all your other apps. It is not $25 per device. We’d never expect that :wink:

Maybe you were logged into a different account on your FireTV Cube?

That link was key. I was able to send the app to my other 4k FireTV devices.

Thank you for the quick response.

1 Like

I paid for a Channels subscription for my Apple TV, so do I now have to pay again to watch this on my Fire TV’s ?
Plus if I wanted to add the DVR feature, do I have to pay twice for that as well…ie once for Apple TV and again for my Fire TV’s ?

Channels on Apple TV does not require a subscription. It’s a one-time purchase. If you want the app on your FireTV for Live TV watching, it will require another purchase.

If you subscribe to the DVR, then you can download the “Channels DVR” app for free on your FireTV and it will work as long as you have the DVR setup and subscribed in your home on a PC/NAS. See https://getchannels.com/2018/08/17/free-apps/

That’s fair enough. So when I purchase the DVR through my Apple TV, I will then be able to access both the Channeks and DVR features on my Fire TVs , as long as I’m using the same network ?
Thanks for your patience, you guys are amazing.

The DVR has to be installed on a PC or NAS. You can purchase the subscription on our website.

Once you set up the DVR then your Apple TV and FireTV will connect to it automatically.

I understand about the NAS etc and that the one DVR sub will be good for the Fire TV and the Apple TV. But will I need two separate paid subs to watch Channels live on the Apple TV and the Fire TV devices. ?
Sorry to be thick. I just want to be clear on this.
Thanks.

Once you pay for DVR no further payments are required. You can download the free app “Channels DVR” on your devices.

I’m sorry. I get that once subscribed the DVR is good on all devices. But will the live Channels also be good on the Fire Tv and Apple Tv or do I need a different Live TV subscription for both brands…?
Sorry to be persistent, I don’t think I made the question clear previously.

Live TV works in the “Channels DVR” app the same way as the regular app.

I have channels and channels dvr. I want to set this up on my wife’s iPad. if she gets the free channels dvr app will this detect the existing setup on my network? She would use her own iTunes account for this.

Yes you can download that app and it will work as you expect.