DirecTV/AT&T auth changes

FYI - had to re-add the source. A simple "rescan all channels" didn't help.
Now back to 174 channels with local ABC, NBC, PBS and the "national" FOX
Only channel giving me a "cable provider authentication failed" is NFL Network and I am not even sure if that one worked before. I can log in and watch on nfl.com tho.
ETA: Re-scanned NFL Network manually and it's back as well. All is good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same issues here. I've deleted/readded DTV many times, trying it on M1 Macs, Intel Macs and Windows. I've updated to the latest beta server software. I have 106/207 channels available, looking just like the image I posted above.

Very odd things happen when I try and "watch now" on a web browser. When trying to login to DTV, it goes through the "hold on..." etc. screens and then... goes to the "logging out" screen. A subsequent attempt usually succeeds. This happens about 50% of the time, on all machines.

Then, when it does log in to my account, ATT's "updated" DTV video player crashes browser tap back its home screen on my M1 iMac. It does work under Windows.

So I wonder if the issue is related to some very recent changes to ATT's authentication process, because I always have to agree to their terms statement. What is odd though, is some folks seem to be able to fix the issue.

Really hoping the devs can fix or maybe come up with a work around. Naturally the one channel I need the most (NBCSN Bay Area).

I think you need to contact DTV and tell them that terms thing keeps coming up and they need to fix it. Its only happening for you it seems.

I am having the exact same issue as dandrewk. The DirecTV login only works about 50% of the time on any machine I try through a web browser. When I re-add the source and do a channel scan, only about 40% of the channels I subscribe to are added. I had nearly all of them about a week ago and each remove/re-add of the source usually makes things worse.

What's interesting is that my credentials work on all individual iOS and Apple TV apps. HGTV, MSNBC, NFL Network, etc. This seems to be a DirecTV / AT&T problem.

2 Likes

What websites are you logging in to? DirecTV's own website, individual network TVE sites, or the Channels web interface? If DirecTV isn't reliably signing you in on its own website or network websites, you should probably contact DirecTV support.

DirecTV's website. Network sites and individual apps work fine using the same login.

It's very odd that some folks are still very much affected by this issues. Others neither had the issue or it resolved itself.

Sadly, I am one of those still affected. But I mysteriously gained six stations overnight, as my most recent scan shows 112/207.

Based upon the seemingly random nature of how this is being resolved, my personal theory of what is happening is this:

DirecTV/AT&T are in the process of transitioning to a new/different authentication backend. They are doing this in a progressive manner, both by which services are being moved to the new system, and also by which users are being switched over to it. Because these are two different trajectories, it will be at least a week or so before they converge and everyone and every service is using the new backend.

Even more frustrating, this entire process will probably repeat itself in a few months when DirecTV is fully divested from AT&T. Of course, we're just the end users, so we aren't given much consideration as the corporate C-level execs make their pocket-lining decisions.

I am also experiencing this issue. I have tried removing and re-adding. - This did not help.

Update:
What’s interesting is if I delete my TVE DTV and try to re-add with the wrong credentials, I am presented with the auth failed screenshot and it shows the old DTV login page…

Update 2:
Updated to 2021.12.03.1543 and all is working again.

I'm only able to get Channels DVR to successfully log into about half on the channels on TV Everywhere with DirectTV. Looking at the error screenshot for the failed channels (attached), it is getting stuck on the accepting terms of service screen. Any ideas on how to get past this? I'm running it on my Synology NAS. I've tried completely removing DirecTV as a source as recommended above and re-adding but still only get about 105 channels that successfully log in (and many of the ones that I really care about can't log in). I've tried rescanning many times as well with no change.

I'm running version 2021.12.05.2030 of Channels DVR.

This is my problem as well greanleaf. Very frustrating. I am only getting about 94 channels that successfully log in.

Same here, still. I keep trying, but get the same 110-116/207 channels.

If this is in fact true there is nothing we can do but wait it out. I wonder if posting more details regarding successful vs unsuccessful rescans will help. For example, I have been unable to regain my whole channel selection. I was down to 105/204 but regained 5 so now I'm at 110/204. Subscribed to Premier via Satellite. Currently trying a remove source, add source on 2021.12.07.0051. Also uninstalled anti-virus for this scan.

I too had this issue and this thread was very helpful to me.....as well as some time passing.

Daily I would I removed DirecTV and reinstalled it as a source. Finally yesterday I went from 75 channels to 149 channels and got back the key ones I needed.

BTW: I have (2) HDHR Prime 3s and use DirecTV to fill in the few channels missing from my cable service inc. the Paramount channel.

A recent Channels DVR pre-release fixed my issue with TVE. My old login still gets "Terms of Service" screen when logging in and with it and the pre-release I got all my channels back.

Thanks for your good service.

1 Like

Finally working again here too. I updated to latest pre release server and now getting all of my channels. I still have the terms of service agreement every time I log into Directv.

@tmm1 Aman - was this part of the most recent update, or did this happen on the AT&T side?

Speculation: The seeming randomness of the issue occurring and resolving itself makes me wonder if it's a timing issue. Maybe the channels that failed to authorize took a few seconds longer to pass through the authentication process and timed out?

Speculaton pt. 2: Not all Directv customers have the same history. Newer customers who signed up after AT&T after they merged their website with Directv might not have any issues. I've been with Directv since it was owned by Hughs, so my account has gone through several significant changes over the decades.

1 Like

It is fixed for me as well! Thank you to the Channels DVR developers for figuring out how to get this working.

The terms of service issue was fixed in this build:

Thank you for sending in diagnostics which showed the issue.

2 Likes

Thank you for fixing this. You guys rock!

2 Likes

Upgraded to latest beta & that fixed every channel except MTV (tried rescan multiple times for this channel) where I still get:

notAuthorized: 0070-We updated our app. Just sign out and sign back into AT&T TV or AT&T….