Discovery channels not tuning on YTTV

Need diagnostics

Diagnostics submitted:

16af204d-75b7-4b0b-9925-c08fe813ced8

I am also having the same issue trying to get all of the Discovery channels to authenticate with YTTV.

Wouldn't hurt to submit diagnostics after making sure you're running the latest prerelease version

Ok, got mine working again. I believe this is a Discovery issue, but not sure how to fix. I had to open browser, log in on sciencechannel.com, go to DVR server gui and click “Update Password” next to YouTube TV source, then go in to “rescan channels” and scan just 1 Discovery channel only. After getting the check mark I had to log out of sciencechannel.com and log back in and repeat that whole process over and over for each of the other Discovery owned channels. Once I finished all of them I logged out of sciencechannel.com and back in and left that tab/window open, but minimized, then updated password in DVR gui on YouTube TV source again, then redownloaded guide data for YouTube TV source and the channels are currently working. Not holding my breath though for how long they will stay authenticated.

Not sure if doing the Update Password (that clears the chromedata folder) affects a YTTV source.
Used to be one of my checklist items TVE Troubleshooting tips

I just tried this as well, which is how I fixed the NBC error, but it didn't resolve my issue. Still getting that same error with cable provider authentication failed.

This seems to be spreading. Now it’s doing the same thing with NBC, MTV, and the FX channels. Logging in to the respective sites works fine.

Diagnostics:

42c9e4bd-baf0-4c97-8767-6b377dfac67d

OK, signed up for DirecTV Stream, and this is all working fine now. I think I'm done trying to keep YTTV working with this solution. I'm not getting rid of Channels, so a different provider seems like a better option.

1 Like

FWIW, I was able to get Discover this working again with YTTV. Below is what I had to do, for Windows 11, which was similar to the solution @wmubronco81 posted.

Delete the YouTubeTV from the chromedata folder, then open a new Incognito window and just go to the WebUI, then rescan one channel that shows "Cable provider authentication failed" and re-scan. Once that is successful, close the browser window, delete the YouTubeTV folder from chromedata, then start the process over again.

I did not have to sign into the Discovery site each time.

I am sorry for being a noob but I am running channels dvr server on an Nvidia Shield. Where and how can I access the chrome data folder? Any ideas? I still can’t get the discovery channels to come through. Get the same “ 2023/02/20 18:38:55.915113 [TVE] action=tvejs msg="googleLogin missing". Over and over until it times out.

That will clear the chromedata folder

1 Like

I have done that a couple times. I can log onto any of the discovery channels streams with my YTTV login and it works fine. Still nothing on channels though. Same error in logs.

I was just answering your question on how to clear the chromedata folder using Channels DVR without having to get into your Shield's filesystem.

No I understand and appreciate it.

I don’t know exactly where that folder is located in the Shield, but another user fixed this on his NAS device here:

It may or may not be the same, but hopefully will point you in the right direction!

I’ll look but it doesn’t seem to have fixed his discovery channels problem. My Tve works great now except for discovery channels like food and HGTV and discovery.

I had to dump that folder to get YouTube TV to add, then had to do it after scanning each individual Discovery channel.

Yeah I don’t see myself doing that. Is this a channels issue or a YTTV issue or a discovery issue? I don’t watch these enough to spend that much time to do all that especially on a shieldPro

I’ll blame it on Youtube TV, but possibly something the devs can work around at some point. It looks like maybe Google added the additional login step, just trying to make our lives harder. I’ve not experienced this issue with either Hulu or Directv Stream.

1 Like