Dish network stopped working on TVE

Looks like Dish Anywhere is working again, though logging into 3rd party sites still doesn’t work. Seems promising.

A few days ago I was still getting authentication failures on several channels. Scanning all channels resulted in 137 channels. Prior to that, it was ~88(?). Today (3/30/2023) the scan resulted in 147 channels. I don't recall the total number of channels we should get but the situation is improving. I think this round, the Disney owned channels like Freeform and others were added. However, the Paramount Media Network and Discovery channels are still not authenticating.

Larry

As of today all my channels are back…

I am merely curious. What exactly is happening?
Why are there so many authentication issues with TVE Channels?
Are the service providers doing something intentionally?

1 Like

I got up to about 147 of the 215 channels, I noticed that on a lot of the channels that I got both Pacific and regular channels I now only get the regular channel for my area which is fine (on Syfy and a few others, I get both)

Some of the channels like TLC, science etc I was getting 403 errors in a JSON response but if I manually scanned each channel individually, they came up.

Looks like the changes that channels made in addition to dish getting there systems back online, Things are coming back to normal!

Dish Anywhere is "acting up" again this April 1st morning. It's refusing to authorize the Channels DVR Everywhere login credentials. When I tried to log into Dish Anywhere directly, there was an error message that said that I had too many sessions and told me "to change locations," whatever that means ...

Although it's not a good situation, that's not similar to any of the errors I saw that occurred due the the cyberhacking event.

I finally got up to 192 channels. It seems that "Rescan Channels" didn't work in this situation. To fix the problem channels, I clicked on "Manage Lineup". Once in Manage Lineup window, I then clicked on the "Scan Channels" button on the "TVE Channels" line. Next, I had to click on each channels that previously failed authentication. Only a few didn't authenticate. I don't recall ever watching any of those channels. Bottom line, looks like I'm all good.

--
Larry

I’ve had better luck just deleting the line up and re-adding it but glad it’s working better

Dish TVE not working, when putting in credentials another box pops up to login to Dish and I'm unable to type anything in that box?

Did you install the prerelease version ?

Yes sir

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.