Distro TV free channels

Distro.TV is another free TV platform, very similar to Pluto and STIRR. There are many channels that overlap with those obviously, but there's also some unique and worthwhile content available. There's a "moods" section that has many channels of beautiful ambient video and lots more music choices too. Lots of sports, comedy and other "eye candy."

I'm wondering if anyone's seen a M3U / XML files for Distro.TV? Even with just the current show data and not a full EPG? If not, would another docker be feasible?

I came here looking for the same answer. :frowning:

This "DeltaSr Combined" repo is a mega-list of all the free/legal channels folks have been discussing here. It's the first I've seen that includes DistroTV channels, along with EPG. Because it's a consolidation of so many sources, there are more than 500 channels included, and Channels DVR only recognizes the first 500 of them. However the Distro TV ones are listed at the top of the list, so you should be able to access them regardless. You can also use a tool like m3u4u.com to prune the list down to your personalized interests and favorites. Or maybe duplicate it into multiple sources and split/adjust it accordingly?

2 Likes

Hey @Fofer , i had been using the combined DeltaSR95 list to access some Distro channels along with a reliable EPG. The combined list has been taken down.

Have you found an alternate source for the EPG for the distro playlist.

I have one station on the plex playlist (its on both playlists) that has terrible EPG info. Trying to find an alternate source for the EPG.

That combined list was fantastic, sorry to see go. I have the list saved on M3u4u, but the guide data for everything is trashed.

1 Like

No. Let us know if you find one.

Will do

i make docker for you fofer

3 Likes

Indeed you did! Millie / vlc-bridge-distrotv ยท GitLab

Thanks!

make update add epg

latest docker now push

1 Like

Yes, it works!

I'd suggest adding to README.md info about "http://localhost:7777/distrotv/epg.xml"

Thank you!

1 Like

Distro Tv and Xumo are sharing the same port address

1 Like

Thanks for this, but I've noticed the guide data isn't properly formatted like other sources' EPGs are. Every channel's show title is being replaced by the channel's name, so browsing the grid isn't informative:

you control port, docker -p 7778:7777

i check it thx

3 Likes

copy same look like distrotv website

i make change for you. new docker now

3 Likes

Thank you :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you, I updated and now it's working great :crown:

2 Likes

@miibeez This is great, thank you! I'm having one small issue.

The guide XML puts out the timestamps like this.
<programme start="20230411150000" stop="20230411170000" channel="ftf-sports" clumpidx="0/1">

But the expected/standard datetime format would look more like this
<programme start="20230411150000 +0000" stop="20230411170000 +0000" channel="ftf-sports" clumpidx="0/1">

Thanks!

sorry i make fix

1 Like

This is great. But I'm wondering if anyone can confirm that this is safe to use? I don't mean to insult anyone. I just want to be sure I'm not installing malware.

1 Like

I merged multiple containers provided by @miibeez into one (also removed nuitka)
To run multiple providers from a single container here is the script

pastebin.com

by default it builds for xumo and distrotv. More can be specified on the command line. All the additional variables required by a specific container can be specified when running.

All providers are listed on the home page on port 7777