Docker: Accessing Directory Outside Container

I’m trying to figure out one last piece of my Docker puzzle. I searched for the answer here but can’t seem to find it so my apologies in advance if it’s been answered. I have a Movies directory on an old NAS that I copied into the Movies directory of CDVR. Channels does not like that and it can’t see the new uploads I’ve made to that folder. I want to move them to their own share like before, but how do I get the Channels Docker to “see” that share? It only wants to see what’s in its own channels-dvr docker folder.

Put it in Imports/Movies

1 Like

That or map something into the container to use for Imports.
Mine are defined as /shares/dvr in the container for the Channels DVR directory which maps to my host Channels DVR recording directory
and defined as /shares/imports in the container to map to my imports directory containing Movies, TV Shows and Videos.
/shares/imports/Movie
/shares/imports/TV
/shares/imports/Video

When I do that, I still get this error when I go to map it in the web UI:

I'm going to try this as soon as the DVR is finished recording... will report back!

You don't have to add it the Imports are scanned automatically

1 Like

I WAS JUST COMING BACK TO REPORT THAT! It's like magic! I had no idea that functionality existed. Thank you so much! It's working great now!

This is what I do

Screenshot 2024-07-12 at 21-34-22 Channels Settings
Screenshot 2024-07-12 at 21-34-43 Channels Settings
Screenshot 2024-07-12 at 21-35-01 Channels Settings
Screenshot 2024-07-12 at 21-35-16 Channels Settings

You can map your host directories to container directories.

Thanks - looks like anything placed in the "Imports" directory automatically gets imported by Channels.

Correct. And arguably the best way to do it, since when you move your directories when migrating to a new Channels DVR Server, your Imports come with it and won't have to be re-imported again.