DRM Now Available On Windows 10 app

I have channels on all my devices , and my windows machine, I know this is windows but just had silcon dust announce and reply to a thread on Facebook heres my screenshot I wonder if this is coming to Channels to ?

You can read more on SiliconDust’s forum: https://forum.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=63942

The XBox One app can play DRM today, and the Windows 10 app will be able to in the coming months (unless you buy the $15 DVD player, in which case it works as of today).

This is all unrelated to the Channels app and we do not expect to be able to support DRM at this time.

not sure if HBO is DRM for all. but i can watch them if i have subscription for it [ie. showtime that i have now]. thing is, there are some channels in my cable package that have DRM in them. one of them is FX. so i can’t view that in the channels app.

on my WMC, i can view these DRM channels fine, like FX.

your still better than any other software and I will be sticking and supporting you guys !

I wonder if you could benefit from the lessons learned by SiliconDust in this? They now know how to get DRM done logistically and legally, and the more products and services working with their hardware, the more hardware they sell.

1 Like

Here is the explanation why the Channels app doesn’t have DRM support: An update on DRM support