DVR server not working after Shield 9.0.0 update

this worked for me! thanks.

1 Like

Maybe try enabling developer mode on your SHIELD?

Done
58031efd-b87a-421f-8546-b5ef7abce270

No the backups are on your external drive next to the recordings, in the Database folder. That's what you pick when you restore.

Enabled developer mode, no change

Thanks. Can you upgrade to prerelease and resubmit.

I see you have two drives attached to your SHIELD?

@stevecccc Do you also have more than one drive attached?

Installed newest prelease, and submitted dianostics. 6ded5587-dbc0-42f4-b262-b4707ffc39a0

Yes I have two external drives, my main drive has always worked, and is a Samsung 500 gb SSD

FYI, both external drives give a write error, only internal shield storage will allow me to continue

1 Like

After I installed the workaround server, it's working fine except that it won't play the recordings that were recorded before this mess started...they show up, I just get a failed message when I try to play any of them. They work on Kodi, but I would like them to work in the Channels app. Any ideas?

What does the DVR log show about those recordings?

Where do I find them in the logs?

Try to play recording, then look at the log (on DVR web UI under Support > Logs) and find the line at the bottom that references the name of the recording you tried to watch.

Did you try rebooting the shield already?

Looks like it changed the storage path and can't find it ..

Recording 2969 (TV/FBI Most Wanted/FBI Most Wanted S03E11 Hunter 2022-01-11-2200.mpg) missing: stat /storage/emulated/0/TV Shows/TV/TV/TV/FBI Most Wanted/FBI Most Wanted S03E11 Hunter 2022-01-11-2200.mpg: no such file or directory

Yes, more than a few times. I wish it was that easy!

Uncheck the DVR checkbox, edit the box below to remove the double /TV at the end. Just leave one /TV instead of /TV/TV

Can you try using a different path, matching this pattern. You might need to click + and enter each part until it builds up the entire thing.

/storage/XXXX-XXXX/Android/data/com.getchannels.dvr/DVR

Curious if that gives you the same permission error or not.

Got it... working now...thanks.

1 Like

Thank you so much tmm1!! it was a bit of a headache but I actually got it working again.

Still gives an error, but a bit different wording