DVR wont connect to Shield

No luck, I get to the point where I enter the iP address, do so, and it goes right back to the that screen again, in a constant loop. It does say it finds the dvr.

Ok just to be sure under shield settings>network and internet>connected what is the 192.168.?.?? And is this you used?

Earlier it was 1.6 did you use 1.6 or 1.9 on setup?

Why does it have such a weird name for my drive. It's always been this way and I could never change it, even when everything was working.

When I try step 2, this still is under internal storage.

storage. I first started this thread it was on 1.6. I had a electricity blip and it restarted on1.9.

This is the file structure on the external drive. My movies and TV shows are in the appropriate folders.

Just so you know, I'm thankful for everyone's help. Most places would have left me alone a long time ago.

1 Like

It is showing internal because you adopted it the first time you plug the drive in. And the name is the shield internal so you can’t rename it. Obviously it will function but you can run into problems set up like this. The drive is now encrypted to only be read by the shield. Which means you can’t save your movies for backup if you have problems with the shield. Depending on how bad you want to keep your movies I would recommend to start new. Which would require you to reformat the seagate to exFAT with your computer and do not adopt it when you plug it in and the do the dvr setups

I've no problem withe movies, I hate to lose the TV but if that is the price I have to pay to get it back to working order I'll live.

I have to out for a little while and will work on when I get back. I'll post how it goes. Thanks SO much for your help!

Sure. I would highly recommend that your first step before starting over is to assign a static ip to the shield with a high number like 192.168.1.158 you will have to google how to do this on your particular router. After router settings make sure to restart the shield and verify it is using the ip you picked

That looks like it's attached as external in your screenshot. If the files are there you should be able to restore into Channels DVR.

Does it show the entry in the step 2 now under Internal Storage?

Should there be a backslash before the DVR folder?

I'm not sure I understand, what am I looking for?

I have absolutely no idea. And I don't know how to find out. I have to laugh, I'm 66, I wish I'd gotten more involved in computer programming 30 years ago!

I first had my DVD server on my Shield then I moved it to an old PC.
It’s been sometime I don’t remember a backslash in the path that is why I ask.

On a web browser go to http://192.168.1.9:8089
Go to step 2 and drill down storage location
38f8eacef8ea8988/nvidia_shield/dvr click save
Hopefully then it will work

2 Likes

HOT DAMN! IT WORKED! You all are the greatest! I may have a couple of more non-critical questions but they can wait till I've watched something!

Cool just make sure your old recordings will play. Glad for you

1 Like