Edit video files

I’m trying to edit the recording files in pinnacle studio. Normally it works great for mpg files. But the program won’t open any of the channels files. Is there some type of encryption on these files?

No, they're standard mpeg transport stream, with either mpeg2 H.262 or AVC H.264 video.
It's just they have a .mpg extension on the filename.
You can use mediainfo to view the file properties.

ah ok, that's the issue - I had the same issue trying to edit TS files once my cable company switch to h.264. Does anyone know of any software that can edit these files?

Personally, I use VideoReDo TVSuite v6 https://www.videoredo.com/en/
I have Channels DVR comskip set to create a VideoReDo Project file and use it to cut commercials from my Channels DVR recordings.

When I double-click the Project file, it opens the recording in VRD with the commercial and scene markers detected by comskip. I then adjust the cut points and save the ad-cut file.

Wow! How do you "I have Channels DVR comskip set to create a VideoReDo Project file and use it to cut commercials from my Channels DVR recordings"? Appreciate the help :slight_smile:

This was discussed in a different thread:

Vote.

Sweet! Thank you!

It looks like VideoReDo is no longer available. Does anyone know of any similar alternatives?

avidemux works pretty good for me.

1 Like