EPG not the same with HDHomerun and Channels DVR?

Hey guys,

I went to set a recording on a show for my wife that starts next week. Did a search in Channels and found some strange results. Did the same search in HDHomerun (of which I pay for their EPG service) and got different (better) results. Note the listing of ep1 for 5min only and not showing the main ch.70 until episode 2?

I was under the impression that the HDHomerun EPG came across to Channels? I have it setup with their EPG, not a custom XML.

Appreciate any suggestions!


monday 7:30pm actually look the same except the HDHR info does not show the duration on this screen. is it also 5min?

if so these are likely teasers before the actual premier and broadcaster can easily shuffle them in the schedule on a whim. channels gets new guide data every few hours and corrects any changes to the schedule that may have been made. I don't know how often HDHR does this

also I believe silicondust compiles and provides their own guide data. channels uses gracenote

btw, your channels screenshot is showing ch70, just 3rd in the priority line. 74, 72, 70, 76
same as hdhr, but it is listing them in numerical order. 70, 72, 74, 76

1 Like

Actually Channels fetches guide data once per day in the morning between 9-11am

Silicondust also uses gracenote guide data. Same as Channels.

2 Likes

as usual my memory is close, but not always right. lol thanks for correcting me, it does help me remember better. :slight_smile:

I try to at least point the right direction when I see a stale post I think I can help with.

I think you nailed it.

1 Like

i'm just thrown off because I don't have any apples and I'm assuming those screens are.

I'm interested in the dual subscriptions threads since I have a developer version scribe quatro and lifetime guide/dvr

appreciate the response. Episode 1 will indeed be Monday at 7:30pm, but should also be two hours. Is there a way I can set the channel priority in Channels?

Much appreciated

1 Like

ok then, this is the other likely situation and every channel and show can act differently
I'm guessing the premier with be episode 1 and 2, not sure why the 5min, but hopefully it will still record correctly. not sure I've ever had it not
, just sometimes it messes with episode ordering in the dvr.. @chDVRuser will likely be able to give a more precise answer

I'm sure an apple user would be better suited to answer how to set the priority on the client level

edit; actually are all these channels the same source?

This is how it chooses channels to record from a pass

You can also modify your pass to record from a specific channel.

Then verify by looking at the Schedule

hmmm ok odd, I have it set to record with channel 70, yet it shows me the details of 72/74 etc,

Check the Schedule

please excuse my noob-ness, but what do you mean by "check the schedule"

If you mean under the DVR menu, it shows nothing under schedule, but does under passes


Yes, that's the Schedule.
What does it show in the Matches tab on your pass?
If it's blank, you need to correct your pass.

1 Like

Im guessing it should show something here....

Screenshot 2026-09-24 at 12.31.12 pm

Delete the pass and recreate it.
That SeriesID doesn't look right.

just tried again, still no matches.. It's weird, like there are matches - it shows in the guide when I search!

Try changing the pass to use
SeriesID == 8436777

Did you select a guide provider for your HDHR tuner in Channels DVR?
What does it look like in the DVR web UI under Settings > Sources

setting Series ID didn't change things.

as I have the DVR service from HDHomerun, it auto detected the EPG data when I set channels up

Screenshot 2026-09-24 at 12.43.33 pm

Hmm, that must be something new.
I have to pick my guide provider.

Does it display guide data for all the channels in the grid guide Live TV > Guide