ESPN+ & FOX Sports with Custom Channels via EPlusTV

ESPN PPV's are not DRM

Wow!!! Great to hear.
Sounds Great. I sure enjoy this docker.

2 Likes

Yea along with Fubo and frndlytv.

I love the combo.
I working on moving away from Yttv and pushing over to Fubo.
I want to get back to using HLS streams so badly.
FRIENDLY is so cheap. Love this setup we are on as well.
You have to love the Elite package.
Channels users best combo.

1 Like

Yea going to start using Dockers on my new Synology nas 920+, have it all on one box will be nice, and you can combine playlists together using Tivimate, basically just import the playlist and EPG XML, and you are up and running.

1 Like

36 posts were split to a new topic: Need help setting up EPlusTV docker

Here is what I am seeing for Fox 4k today:

If the container MAX_RESOLUTION is set at UHD/HDR, I get the 404 errors and no recording.

If it is set to UHD/SDR, I get a working 1080p recording.

If no MAX_RESOLUTION is set, I get a working 4k SDR recording, which matches the default of UHD/SDR.

3 Likes

Excellent catch!! I changed and removed max resolution and now get my local fox in 4K. Thanks great post!!

1 Like

Great find! I wonder if some stations aren't providing a UHD stream?

Sorry for ruining the thread everyone . It was a DNS issue. All is working now. Is it possible to rewrite the code to remove events from the guide faster? I often see the guide shows games that are over already.

1 Like

The blocks are long on purpose and for good reason. It allows for an ending time buffer to cover if a game goes into overtime. With a shorter block sometimes the channel would get taken by the next scheduled event thus there was no way to watch or record the overtime game.

4 Likes

Just wondering if there is an issue with the software or my setup. I have set this up according to the directions. I am not using ESPN+ but the linear channels. I can select events on every channel EXCEPT for the main ESPN. A program shows in the guide, but when I select it, I get the following error:

The log shows the following:

I know there is something playing on linear ESPN. I have confirmed on the ESPN app and on my DirecTV.

Any ideas?

Looks similar to my issue but yours seems to be working besides espn, why not just use channels espn? I disabled Longhorn/ACC/SECN/ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU since channels handles them fine.

Question(s):

Would it be possible to modify files to ignore fox channels unless they are playing 4k content?

Is ESPNNews not supported on this?

I have a Synology Nas DS923+, and have ESPN Plus docker running fine, however I want to clear the log file in the container sometimes, but not sure where that file is located. Any help would be great.

thanks

I pushed a new version this afternoon to allow for both of those requests

Local Networks via TV Everywhere uncheck and rechecking it added Local Fox TVE back to regular lineup today for youtube tv subscribers .

1 Like

will the thanksgiving games on Fox be playing in 4K today?

thanks for the reply back, but I do not have Fubo service. I thought it maybe played on the foxsports.com in 4K

You don't need Fubo. It's just an easy list to see what events FOX will have 4K for

1 Like