ESPN+ & FOX Sports with Custom Channels via EPlusTV

Is anyone else having problems with Fox 4k not working today? I'm getting this error in the docker: "Invalid auth token: missing, badly formed, or empty signature, expiration, contentType, or contentID param"

I am watching Oklahoma at Cincinatti (college football) in 4K via EPlusTV right now, it's working fine... my local Fox channel listed in the guide for it is KTTV.

It's not working for me either. Both of the Fox 4k games worked for me last week. No luck today.

+1

404 not found

I just scrolled through all the comments on this thread, and didn't find one with the issue I am having, so I will ask here.

First of all, it's working great, I'm on Windows using Docker Desktop. Everything streams fine (I haven't tried recording anything yet, but will be doing that tonight).

I'm mostly interested in pulling the ESPN+ NHL games into Channels, so I can have them in one place/record them etc.

I setup a few Automatic channel collections as follows:
"ESPN+" - Just has the "Sports" dropdown selected, and excluding my other tuner.
"ESPN+ Soccer" - Has "Soccer" set as a genre, and the "Sports" dropdown selected, and excluding my other tuner.
"ESPN+ Hockey" - Has "Hockey" set as a genre, and the "Sports" dropdown selected, and excluding my other tuner.

Those all seem to work, except when I view the ESPN+ Hockey collection, it is only showing me the Flames/Jets game (https://puu.sh/JQZeA/860971055e.png)

But when I view the ESPN+ or ESPN+ Soccer categories, I see other hockey games. There is currently soccer on those channels, but hockey later:
https://puu.sh/JQZeY/87839c997b.png (See the Vancouver Canucks/Oilers game on later)

Is it just marking that channel "3008" as Soccer, because that is what is currently airing? And the Hockey collection shows the Flames game, because that is the only thing on that channel?

Is there a way to have the Hockey collection show channel 3008, even though there is soccer on now, since there is hockey on later?

I checked the xmltv.xml file and the Canucks/Oilers game (As well as a Senators/Canadiens game) are marked as hockey.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Also, on Windows, where are the entries.db and schedule.db files located? I googled and checked folders I saw mentioned for docker files, but can't seem to find the eplustv folder

Thanks!

This has been working great but I continue to see weird issues with the recordings not showing up channels. They're recording in the schedule but they don't show up in the recordings or library sections of the ATV client, I have to actually watch them from the schedule. Also when recording a couple of MLB games last night, I couldn't modify or stop the recordings. I also tried to cancel one in advance (you get both home and away broadcasts of MLB games, and I only wanted one) and couldn't do it.

So there's something that channels doesn't like in the metadata that's being generated for these by E+, because I only see these issues with E+ recordings.

And now as with others I'm getting 404 not found on Fox college football, which used to work beautifully in 4K.

This issue must differ by location and/or channel because I am watching USC @ Colorado (college football) in 4K via EPlusTV right now, it's working fine... my local Fox channel listed in the guide is KTTV in Los Angeles.

I recently switched my server from an intel Mac mini to an M2. I set up everything as before and run this docker through docker desktop interface. Things worked as expected for 2 weeks but now I am starting to get transcoder errors any suggestions? I am trying access all of this locally on my network I’ll include my current transcoder settings below.

It's a little after the fact, but I thought I'd share the pass I created to get the the ESPN+ exclusive Sunday morning NFL game to record automatically:

I figure even if there isn't another one this year, this should give an idea to someone trying to figure out what they may need to do to get their scheduled recordings working. I just had to manually skip the 'Toy Story' version with this:

• Program seemed to start way too early, so I wanted it to to start recording AFTER in order to limit what was recording, but also to make sure the stream had started (I know this is important for people doing the 4K as it takes a few minutes to kick in at that level).

• Genre was set to "NFL", which surprised me that it was available, but thank goodness so I didn't have to use generic "football" and figure out a way to exclude the Saturday college stuff. @m0ngr31, I agree with @Fofer, if we have tags for the specific leagues and sports, it would be great to expose them in the descriptions of the EPG.

• My stations for EPlusTV are the highest of my bunch, so I said anything up there.

• 10,800 seconds = 3 hours, avoided news shows.

• Summary having "ESPN+" got me the "network" I was looking for.

• Excluded Mondays because I didn't want the regular MNF games (already have Channels ESPN integration for that).

• Excluded español porque prefiero escuchar en ingles.

I've recently had all of my ESPN+ recordings fail in the past week, so I tried to refresh the docker by removing the container and adding it back again. But it never asked me to log in again, and it continues to not work.

Refreshing device token (ESPN+)
Refreshing device refresh token (ESPN+)
Refreshing BAM access token (ESPN+)
Channel #7016 has been idle for more than 5 minutes. Removing playlist info.
Channel #7017 has been idle for more than 5 minutes. Removing playlist info.
Channel #7020 has an active event (New York Islanders vs. New Jersey Devils). Going to start the stream.

The hockey game I'm trying to record appears in my recordings but never plays. I look up the video file and it's 0.0 bytes.

Can anyone suggest a fix?

In your docker volumes find a file called tokens.json and delete it. Recreate the container and use the logs to login again.

Thanks, any idea how to access this tokens.json file using Portainer or using a Synology?

Look under Volumes in Portainer and delete the one for this container.

First, a disclaimer: I'm a complete Docker novice.

I got the docker image up and running. So far, so good. Where I've hit a wall is the prompt in Docker to sign & activate ESPN. The only option is for an email password - no option to sign in with TV Provider. I don't subscribe to ESPN+. I access ESPN and Fox Sports through my tv provider. The GitHub instructions include an Environment Variable for ESPN "Set to false if you only want events that come from your TV provider".

I looked through Docker to see if I could locate where to make this change. I don't see it. But to be honest, I'm not even sure if I'm looking in the right area. My question is, where do I locate this variable (and possibly others) to make the change?

Can you show your container settings? Blur out any UN/PW

Also, Can you open the Logs as they might be waiting for a prompt.

I'll give that a go right after work

I'll try looking for those

1 Like

Things may have changed but typically you navigate to espn.com/activate and put in the code provided by the docker. It’s like 6 or 8 characters for espn and 4 characters for Fox. From there you select your provider.