ESPN+ & FOX Sports with Custom Channels via EPlusTV

Almost every posting of an example docker run command, like GitHub - m0ngr31/EPlusTV: Virtual linear channels for ESPN, ESPN+, NBC Sports, and FOX Sports assumes you know your Docker-101.

So enter that variable here:

I appreciate this but every Channels paid user is not going to be a coder. So just pointing to something without trying to explain how to do something in said reference isn't going to be helpful. I'm running custom channels for Pluto, Samsung, Plex, and Pluto that I've figured out. This one is a little different and am just trying to figure it out. I think that maybe I did the ESPN+ at least started up right since I'm getting event data in the logs.

So looks like that was where I needed to enter the FOXSPORTS Variables and all the ESPN variables and MAX Resolution variable because my log shows it populating events for both Fox and ESPN. So do I need to do the "Strategy" portion next? How do I get get the m3u link for the source URL and the xml for the guide data when adding the source in the Channels DVR settings?

This has nothing to with your paid channels membership. This is the playground, not supported by channels.

If you want to go beyond what you paid for channels, then yes, the onus is on you and you take the help you are given if you don’t want to learn a third party program. It’s not included.

1 Like

Playground or not one is inherently tied to the other. And I'm trying to figure it out and am getting close I hope...

1 Like

It’s not.

So you don't access through Channels then? And I am taking the help from those who are offering suggestions while pointing to certain info...

1 Like

I do but I learned docker from the docker site, not the channels community forum.

Docker is what makes this work, not channels they are not the same company or software. Your gripe is with docker and your lack of docker knowledge, not lack of channels knowledge.

If you actually take the time to read this thread, your basic docker questions are answered many times over. If you go to the Eplus docker hub, everything is there in crayon.

@babsonnexus is holding your hand and helping you cross the street when he doesn’t have to.

1 Like

I've actually combed through the whole thread, been to the github listing several times, been looking through the readme, etc.

You may not like it but if posts are going to be made like this one, "playground", or not that uses Channels to accomplish something through tools like Docker questions are gonna come up. If you don't like those questions, don't respond. I know I would be appreciative that if you aren't going to try to assist as I work through it that you don't respond. And if you don't like my posts, if you wanted to go so far as to put me on ignore for you that's be fine too.

And for the record I'm appreciate of anyone who is sincere in trying to help. I'll even go a step further and gladly donate through Paypal or whatever who can help me finish getting this setup properly.

So those can be found at http://yourserveripaddress:dockersetup/channels.m3u
http://yourserveripaddress:dockersetup/xmltv.xml

From your screenshot, I cannot tell what port you’re using for your server, but if your server it is 192.168.0.102 and the port your using is 8080, that would look like:

http://192.168.0.102:8080/channels.m3u

2 Likes

Thanks. That didn't seem to work. Here's a pic showing the port and IP Address if it helps.

It’s actually going to be the port open for your docker. From the command line, if you have:

docker run -d --restart unless-stopped -p 8005:8000 -v config_dir:/app/config -e ESPN3=true m0ngr31/eplustv:latest

The 8005 would be the open port on your side… so if your server was at 1.1.1.1 you would use:

http://1.1.1.1:8005/ and then add the channels.m3u or xmltv.xml file after that.

I’ve not used the GUI you’re using on your screenshots to start my docker, so I’m not 100% sure where the port setting is being defined. I seem to remember somewhere in this thread that some people have had issues if they’ve left the port mapped to 8000, but I may be misremembering that as well.

Is the http:192.168.1.5 not the server id as shown in the last screenshot?

@Mulliganman No that isn’t the right IP. To get the M3U and guide files from the eplus docker you just set up you need to use its ip and port. Your screenshot shows your channels server ip and port, as others have stated these are two different programs and run independently.

1 Like

If you are running docker on the same machine. Then yes 192.168.1.5 would be the same ip. But that is only if both are running on the same machine.

2 Likes

Thank you! How can I find the Windows Docker Desktop ip and port?

I ran this command: docker run -d --restart unless-stopped -p 8005:8000 -v config_dir:/app/config -e ESPN3=true -e FOXSPORTS=true m0ngr31/eplustv:latest

Looks like the docker is running because I get log data with events, etc.

I'm attaching a screenshot for what I used as the m3u link and guide data

The next screenshot shows the container port is 8000

If I try to change the docker port path to 8005 to match the m3u and xml info like shown here:

I get this message shown here:

It looks like you have something else running on port 8005.

I'm not that familiar with docker on windows as I run it on my Synology NAS. I always use the docker wizard so no commands manually and less than 5 minutes to get up and running. I always have to remember to delete the old espntv container before updating to newer version or I get a similar error.

I had to create a folder called eplustv in my docker folder before I could get it to work. Here are my steps.

1. Download image.
  2. Launch and select Advanced.
  3. Under Volume, I navigate to the docker/eplustv and select.
  4. Under path, I type in /app/config
  5. Under ports, I replace Auto with 8000
  6. Apply then launch. Do authorization.

I use mainly for ESPN+ so I don’t always add the other streams unless I'm testing them.

Here's a couple of screenshots of my container.

Hope this helps you. If I were you, I'd skip everything but espn+ until you get it working.

If the docker is running on the same machine as the channels server then your ip is correct. As you know the port for the docker defaults to 8000. You really only need to change this if you have something else using port 8000. The error message is telling you you can’t set up the docker to use port 8005 because you already have another program using that port. If I were you I’d leave it at 8000.

2 Likes

on a side note when I used docker on windows I had to use the windows machines IP not the docker provided IP to get it to pass through.