ESPN+ & FOX Sports with Custom Channels via EPlusTV

Ok. I was starting to think I needed to change the 8080, but I’ll leave it. So it looks like some things are working. See pic here

They seemed to be playing except the football game cowboys vs 49ers

For a while I was getting a tuner not available error. Now I’m just getting this could not fetch playlist error shown here and am not sure why

1 Like

The 49ers vs Cowboys game isn't working because FOX is doing something new with their manifests. I have a fix and I'll push it up tonight. Not that it helps right now haha

2 Likes

That is awesome! I'm just glad to know it wasn't me. So the fix will just update automatically?

Once you update the container, yes

Possibly stupid request - can the "Sports" tag be added to the guide data? I would like for this to work with a channel collection for all live sports, and this is excluded, based on lack of tag in the guide data.

1 Like

Selecting the "Sports" category works for me on my Live Sports channel collection.

live sports collection works great here.

Anyone else getting this message today:

I am not sure if I did something wrong, or if something has changed with E+, but I uninstalled the prior version and then changed the channel variable to switch from starting at 7,000 to starting at 12,000 in my docker instance running on my Mac mini with Apple silicon. There were two instances of E+ showing in my guide (one at channel 7,000 and one at channel 12,000) and the guide now does not show some events that are in fact on. Additionally, there is a mismatch between what the guide says and where it ultimately takes you. I've captured that above where the guide says it's a football game and it is actually a gold event.

Can anyone help? I miss my E+!

Do a full re-download of your guide. It should be fixed after that.

Screenshot 2023-01-26 at 12.48.49 PM

As shown above?

If so, I've tried that and no luck. I have the same issues.

I meant this

I would also recommend stopping the EPlus container and deleting these two files in your config folder before starting it up again and re-downloading the guide.

1 Like

I've had something similar when I update (I delete container first). I had a recording scheduled and it recorded a different game even though everything pointed to the correct game. I haven’t had it occur on Live TV.

FWIW, I think it's how Channels interacts with the container schedule. I may be wrong but it looks like it grabs whatever channel was initially shown before the update if you fail to redownload the guide data and records it. Since all of my ESPN+ recordings are set manually, I have to remember to cancel planned recordings before updating then rescheduling.
My recordings are mostly college sports from one university.

If you updated the start channel you will have to delete the schedule.db file and restart the container

First off, thank you for your work on this. Is there somewhere to donate for your efforts?

I continue to get random will not play errors on certain shows/events etc. that show up in the guide. Does this log info give any information about what is the cause?

Thanks for this. I tried both the "Delete and Recreate Database" and deleting both of the files. I continued to run into the same issues. I then deleted entire folders, still no joy.

:frowning:

Anyone showing Wisconsin at Ohio State February 2nd at 7:00 p.m. as an event? I'm wondering how far in advance all events should be populating because I'm not seeing this on the guide or Docker....

1 Like

I show it in the provider guide and on the Fox Sports App. (FS1)
FWIW, my ESPN+ games for Thursday are showing.

They generate about 2 days ahead of time

2 Likes