ESPN+ & FOX Sports with Custom Channels via EPlusTV

I am doing this but mine says connection rejected. :man_shrugging:t2:

I keep getting this error. Any ideas as to why? The IP is correct for my Synology and I changed the port to 8001 in hopes that would have solved the issue it’s having.

Take a screenshot of the docker setup. What’s the port there?

Ok was able to get it working. Had to use the local port not the container port. Problem I have now is that it shows all the channels just 1-150 and nothing else. Guide dosent show any shows till 10pm.

Also when I try to play a show I get this error but only on the streams from this container.

EDIT - I think I see my error. Re-running to see if I forgot to set the ESPN+ flag correctly.

Playing around with this and have had some success.

Installed originally and saw only EPSN+ content (no Fox). So uninstalled and ran the following install script in ssh into my Synology NAS:

docker run --restart unless-stopped --name EPlusTV -p 8000:8000 -v config_dir:/app/config -e START_CHANNEL='7000' -e ESPN=TRUE -e ESPN2=TRUE -e ESPN3=TRUE -e ESPNU=TURE -e SEC=TRUE  -e SECPLUS=TRUE -e ESPNPLUS=FALSE -e FOXSPORTS=TRUE -e FOXSPORTS_MAX_RESOLUTION=UHD/HDR m0ngr31/eplustv

I went through the steps to link both Fox Sports and ESPN (using my Hulu Live TV Credentials). Now I see what appears to be just ESPN, ESPN2, SEC content only, but not seeing the other content I was getting previously. Also, no FOX channels are populating in the custom channels even though I know they were downloaded in the app (see various screen shots):

Edit, after taking the screen shot I do see 1 Fox Sports program listed under ESPN+ Channel 7031 10378 in the above screen shot, so perhaps I am getting Fox Sports content and it's just mapped under an ESPN+ channel logo? Is that intended?

Also, I'm wondering if by linking my HULU TV credentials and not my ESPN+ credentials, am I not getting all the ESPN+ content? I'm not seeing the golf and foreign soccer content I was seeing when I did my initial install before trying to capture Fox and the SEC/ESPN channels in addition to the ESPN+ content.

TIA.

1 Like

Double check your env vars. You have ESPN+ as false and another one as "ture". All the channel artwork is E+TV, which is the project name, not ESPN+. So FOX or whatever can appear on whatever channel is free at the time an event is scheduled.

1 Like

Going in to college football season, what's the status of Fox 4k? For tommorow (Thursday) night, I'm currently seeing the Nebraska vs Minnesota game in my EPlusTV listings showing with my local affiliate name. Will that record in 4k? Will there be another listing for the 4k broadcast? Or no 4k?

1 Like

4k feed from Fox not working for me tonight.

This is usually a pretty solid guide of events that Fox will broadcast in 4K

1 Like

Yes, tonight's Nebraska Minnesota game is on that list, and it is available on the Fox Sports app in 4k HDR. But not working through EPlusTV. I'm getting the following error in Channels trying to tune to the game:

2023/08/31 20:15:50.287190 [ERR] Failed to start stream for ch10001: M3U: Could not fetch playlist: 127.0.0.1:8001: get: http://127.0.0.1:8001/chunklist/2/gpmWCZUd.m3u8: 404 Not Found
2023/08/31 20:15:50.322684 [HLS] Couldn't generate stream playlist for ch10001-dANY-ip192.168.1.2: M3U: Could not fetch playlist: 127.0.0.1:8001: get: http://127.0.0.1:8001/chunklist/2/gpmWCZUd.m3u8: 404 Not Found

So I don't know that if that stream would be in 4k or not. ESPN+ games are working fine.

Ahh gotcha. I'll have to dig into it. They must have changed something. I'll look for the next 4K stream and see what I can figure out

1 Like

I played around with this for the last 5 minutes of the Rice game. I think I found the issue... Seems to be an issue with the request on getting the audio track of the game. If I don't proxy it, it seems to work okay, but I didn't get a chance to test it thoroughly before the game ended.

I can push up my changes and see if that works for next Saturdays games or I can see if I remember next week and double check my findings?

1 Like

The HD baseball game on Fox tonight is working for me, so 4k does seem to be the issue. If you can get the changes up for next week's games I would appreciate it.

1 Like

I would like to switch my ESPN subscription to my wife's email address but deleting the container and running the command again still pulled the tokens from somewhere. How do I refresh my session?

1 Like

I pushed up my change. Hopefully that works as a temporary measure until I figure out the issue.

There are some JSON files in the config file you mapped. Just delete those and restart the container

4 Likes

With the Spectrum / ESPN dispute going on around the country is there a guide for idiots on how to use Windows Docker and make this work? I have been able to get the ESPN+ part working in ChannelsDVR but I have no clue how do I flip ESPN, ESPN2, FoxSports to Enabled/True to see if I can get them working with a login?

You just have to add the variables to your docker run. For example add this for ESPN...

-e ESPN=true

The available variables are listed here: GitHub - m0ngr31/EPlusTV: Virtual linear channels for ESPN, ESPN+, MLB.tv, and FOX Sports

Watch the logs and you'll get an url to go to and code to enter to log into the service.

I guess that's my question. How do I add variables? I am using Windows Docker Desktop. Do I go into view files?

All the screenshots I am seeing in this thread looking nothing like the Windows Docker Desktop view that I am seeing. I am very confused.

Couple of questions, can I run this to get my local Fox channel sports? Or is it only FS1 and FS2? Also, when I run it on Windows I can't get it to accept the environment variables, I'm using --env-file "filename" and in that file I have a simple list, one per line:

FOXSPORTS=true
ESPNPLUS=false

Etc.

But when I start the container it just looks for ESPN Plus events and ignores the Fox variable (I only want Fox).

I've also tried the run with -e "FOXSPORTS=true" -e "ESPNPLUS=false" with or without the quotes with no effect.

I first ran the container without any ENVs and it pulled the image and ran it with defaults, so I'm wondering if I need to delete some cached config file.

I've only used docker on macos and linux, but I don't think you can add variables to an existing container. I always delete the current container and recreate with the new variables whenever I've made any adjustments.

I don't know if it's necessary, but I also always delete the config_dir volume before recreating the container. I think that resets things so that you get the proper login prompts.

1 Like