ESPN+ & FOX Sports with Custom Channels via EPlusTV

I think @m0ngr31 has the EPlusTV container using the same thing for title and event title, so swapping them doesn't do anything. The web guide and client guide look the same for EPlusTV.

Ideally, the guide data would match the Channels format, but I'll take what I can get. Previously the the guide didn't show the sport, just the teams.

I didn't do anything in addition to delete and recreate the guide data. Are you on v2.0.18?

What I’m saying is. The guide data should just be normal, and let Channels handle setting it, as it already has special cases for sports.

Set title to sport league and subtitle to teams. Just like gracenote data.

Ensure its category is set to “Sports event” and things will just work like native guide data in Channels.

I thought this was the case back early in the project though.

1 Like

I’m with @slampman not showing the sport in the guide for me either. Not in the web ui and not in iOS or shield tv clients. Re loaded guide data as well. v2.0.18

1 Like

Actually one other thing I did was delete the docker volume for the container. That may be the difference.

New format will probably only show for new events... Unless you delete the entries.db and schedule.db files

This worked. Getting the sport now

1 Like

me as well, thanks!

This was my original suggestion after inspecting both epg data

I recorded a hockey game yesterday using the default highest quality I think of 720p 60fps. But when watching the game on my AppleTv and my android tablet, the game is difficult on my eyes to watch. It's a little blurry when the players are skating quickly and when the camera pans. Often the puck is fading away as it's shot across the ice. When watching the game in the ESPN app, the game is crisp and clear. Anyone else experience this?

I know I'm missing something, but I'm having a problem running the latest release. I'm using Docker in Windows and when I start configuring the new image, there is a line that says that there are no ports exposed. So in the environmental variables, I enter PORT=8000, but there is no output. The log shows the server started on port 8000, but again there is no output (no guide data, or video). Any ideas anyone? Thanks.

If you're using Portainer (recommended!) that's using port 8000 -- so map this container to another port.

bnhf,

I am running Portainer, so I changed the port to 8001, unfortunately still no go. In the log, it doesn't even show an attempt to open the channel.

FYI, when I go back to the previous image, it does connect on port 8000 and everthing runs fine.

Related to the listening port no longer being exposed?

The EXPOSE tag doesn't do much other than give a hint to clients what ports it's using. So for something like Portainer, you probably need to manually add it as a port - not a variable

Even after a full rebuild, I'm not seeing the broadcast in parenthesis in the XML guide data:

All the other updates appear to be working beautifully!

1 Like

Thank you all for the info, I'll have to read up on how to add the port in Portainer and then report back on if it worked. For now, I'll use earlier version of EPlus.

I'm thinking ESPN messed up something on their end. feedName isn't coming through consistently. I can't even get it to show when you try to select a broadcast on their site

Okay, so it wasn’t just me. This has been working with the new update for me other than tonight. Frozen Frenzy overload? Thanks for this latest update BTW.

Mine is good using ATV.

1 Like