ESPN+ & FOX Sports with Custom Channels via EPlusTV

I absolutely love this docker container. It is almost everything i want to be able to watch pulled in to a centralized location. thank you so much for all your work on it

would it be possible if, when a stream is attempted to load but cant because of a new authentication request, that it sends an image of a generated QR code for the authentication URL (like espn.com/activate) output to the stream along with a message about re-authenticating?

I realize that might be a huge ask (and probably not the correct forum? which i apologize for), but it would be very nice if when i have to authenticate again, i can just use my phone to click the qr code on my tv (doesnt even have to prepoluate the field! just display the 4 characters on the screen with the qr code), log in with my password manager, and then the stream authenticates.

once again, thank you so much for all the work you put into this, it make my sports habits even worse!!

As long as you're keeping the app running it should keep updating your tokens... that being said something like this would be quite the effort to implement, so it's not something at the top of my list. But it is a cool idea

4 Likes

Ah! that might explain the behavior!

I had been bringing the containers up/down along with some other server work i was doing so it must have been just more visible to me at that point.

Thank you for the response!

Unfortunately, this did not work for me. Any other suggestions?

This has been working great. The only thing I wish it did was allow some kind of notification (email, discord, etc) to let me know when I have a reauthentication needed instead of finding out when it doesn't work and I go look at my docker log for the new code.

1 Like

Was the additional buffer ever added? It looks like game 1 of the series tonight is still showing as 3 hours at least in the guide. Zero chance that happens. :roll_eyes:

I did add the buffer in, but I did notice I made a mistake on it yesterday. I need to push a new version today. When I do it'll require your to delete the entry and schedule files again

That's great thanks a lot. Can definitely delete and reschedule when it's up.

Has Fox 4k been working for anyone lately? I always get 404 errors. Would like to be able to watch World Series in 4k.

1 Like

Yeah it works great with this. I'm on DTV Stream but I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not.

I notice when watching ESPN plus that at times, during spot breaks i will loose connection.
I'm not sure if it is a advertising issue or what.
Thankfully the broadcasts play without issue.

Worked fine for me on FS1.

73d9e869e7a9e93c3fa1249301547a7bf290d008_2_666x500

I've been recording 4k FS1 directly in Channels via TVE with no issues. My problem has been with the Fox broadcasts via EplusTV. FS1 doesn't appear to be simulcasting the World Series.

New version is pushed, it'll take a little while for it to show on Docker Hub

There is something going on with events from FOX proper. FS1 seems to work okay, but getting event data from FOX is throwing issues. Not sure if it's a blackout issue or not.

11 inning game and no issues at all. Thanks a lot for the additional buffer it worked perfectly.

1 Like

Today I had something odd happen during the UTSA/ECU game. With about 5-10 minutes left in the game the channel went to some college soccer game I believe. The game was no longer on the EPG but I was able to finish it watching it in the ESPN app. Is this a bug or is there some kind of customization I can do to choose what events it will pull from ESPN+

Yep, 404 all the time for Fox unfortunately.
Definitely not a blackout issue.

Update to the newest container. An extra hour was added to each event so that shouldn’t happen anymore.

Yep, looks like a them problem. I just looked at the guide today and it is fine and dandy. Nothing has changed on my end, so I guess we at the mercy of the mouse of keeping their metadata up to date and correct.

Is there a way to block Windows updates that will automatically restart my CPU? Every time this happens it breaks the Docker and I end up having to uninstall and reinstall Docker for Windows to get it going again? I use to have it blocked permanently from Windows 7 but when I upgraded to Windows 10 it broke that block....