ESPN+ & FOX Sports with Custom Channels via EPlusTV

Instead of blindly changing things you need to find out what error you're getting and what it means.
Then troubleshoot.

1 Like

The compose file worked and ran it but now when I type my ip with 8090 I get this

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the web.

What exactly are you "typing in" and where are you typing it?

On my browser I am typing the ip of the nas followed by the :8090

If the docker container is running. look at the container log.

Why don't you try the port you told it to run on?
http://192.168.7.109:8090

I am getting 404 not found on that ip

How about ip:8090/channels.m3u

I'll let someone else help. I don't run that docker.

It looks like it worked it downloaded a m3u file, but for the epg what do I use?

It's in the instructions

2 Likes

Ip:8090/xmltv.xml

1 Like

You guys are awesome thank you for helping me I really appreciate it!!!!!

Are there instructions for getting this up and running in Channels in a VMware Virtual machine? I don't have time to learn Docker as mentioned in the github directions. My Channels Server is a Windows 10 ESXi 8 VM.

If you learned ESXi you can learn docker easily.
Better to go that route then asking for help for your one-off config.

I'm all-in on VMware and have negative time available to learn something new.
I'll have to come back to this again in a few months if there aren't any guides.
Thank you

@IwantWMC docker is pretty easy

Setting up a VM to run this is like 1000% more effort and energy to run this than just firing up a docker container

1 Like

I installed Docker on my ESXi Win10 VM. I don't have ESPN+ but I do have Fox Sports through YTTV. What's the install command to get Fox Sports? The command in the guide gives me errors.

docker run -p 8000:8000 -v config_dir:/app/config -e PUID=$(id -u $USER) -e PGID=$(id -g $USER) m0ngr31/eplustv

ERROR: "Unknown shorthand flag: 'g' in -g"

Those commands to get uid and gid are Linux -- and you probably installed Docker Desktop. What backend is Docker Desktop using with your setup?