Every few days, NotAuthenticated Appears and needs to be re authenticated

Been using the TV Everywhere integration for a few weeks now and think it is great but am running into a problem. Every few days my channels start to error out with not authorized. I have to go back into the system and recan to get most of them working again. There are a few that still dont work with a "403 Forbidden: Access to the requested resource path has been forbidden: [Authorized Networks: None] [Authorized Products: None]." error which them requires me to manually go in and rescan each channel individually to get it working again.

The problem is I don't know when this is required and am constantly missing recordings. IS there anyway to automate this process and notify if there is an issue?

1 Like

How many days exactly does it stop working after?

between 2 and 4 days. Unfortunately I don't have a specific number (yet). I typically notice it when something didn't record when it should or I happen to decide to watch a live channel. The discovery channels (Discovery, HGTV, Food, etc.) are the ones that bring it to my attention as those are the ones I primarily watch. I haven't check other channels but can the next time it happens.

@tmm1 Just happened again, less than 24 hours this time. Anything you want me to do or check before I manually rescan again?

Iā€™d say submit diagnostics from the DVR server web interface. That should help give them the info they need.

logs submitted: ae23fa6b-38af-44d4-8f6c-5ceb260d6fc6

So this is directly related to the Discovery Family of networks. All other channels seem to work continuously but the Discovery Family channels need to be manually rescanned individually every few days.

This happens to me on Spectrum also.

@tmm1 is there anyway to automate this manual reauthentication?

Logs 921d5e26-02b9-4a46-883b-a1f01d6909ed submitted showing the process of rescanning all channels and then scanning the discover family of channels individually so that they are properly authorized.

Any update on this? This is still happening and it is preventing me relying on ChannelsDVR for recordings.

Here is another set of logs that show an automatic scan which does not resolve the problem and a scan on each individual channel which does. 0d7188c9-33fb-4a65-a8d3-53925137ee6e

Another set of logs which shows having to individually recan each Discover Family Network Channel
80aec5d2-3e76-42d7-a18b-0cd461c536cb

Not sure if any changes were done, but this is working well for the past two weeks. I have not had to re-scan individual channels to get them working.

1 Like