Experimental: Local Networks (NBC, ABC, FOX) in some major metros via TVE

See above:

Good to know. So you have OTA and the TVE locals?

When I went to CBS website it did let me sign in because I am in a O/O market.
Would it be possible to add a source for CBS for those of us who are able to use it? or maybe you could add a feature "add your own source url" in the source drop down menu at the very end of the list...

As discussed above, the CBS stream doesn't work with just TVE login as CBS requires you to create another CBS account as well. This is not something our DVR knows how to deal with, and adding support will be very complicated due to how CBS accounts work.

1 Like

NYC Locast.org has CBS. Locast works with Channels if you are in those cities.

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Feature Request: LOCAST Support

Hello

I am having trouble getting nbc to work it is saying not authorized on Apple TV 4K, when I go to the nbc link and sign in with my provider I can watch live nbc. I am also having the same issue with fox.

Disregard it seems to be working after restart of computer.

It seems to be working but some of the guide data is missing on both stations.

How do I get the latest builds?

Click-and-hold the Check for Update button.

1 Like

I set up a spare computer with DVR software and new subscription for my mom, and brought it to her this week while visiting for the holidays. I used her TVE login for her local cable when I set it up at my house, and enabled local channels via TVE. All worked good, except now that I’ve set it up at her house, the locals are pulling from my area instead of hers. I’ve tried enabling and disabling, rescanning, etc. but cannot get it to pick up the new zip code / area. Any suggestions?

You would need to delete and readd the TVE source

1 Like

would it be possible in the future to give us an option as to whether or not to combine locals if we're using both TVE and locast? i have locast as the top priority tuner because i use it for the most part, but if there's a sporting event on FOX i tend to want to use the TVE feed because it's 60fps and looks better than the locast feed...but right now there's no way to do that other than go in and change the priority (and then change it back after the game is over). would be nice to just have both channels show up separately in the guide (which ABC already does for some reason, but FOX and NBC do not)...

You can mark the TVE as a favorite, and then if they air at the same time it'll prefer the TVE Fox channel.

How does the system determine the correct stationID to use for these locals? In my case NBC logo and guide data was blank after the initial scan. After I manually assigned it to the only available NBC option listed, it showed a lot of empty "SIGN OFF" slots in the guide. A closer look at the schedule revealed that listings are from a different zip code and NBC station than what is actually showing on the channel. I'm currently not using any other sources like HDHR, just TVE. Any way to override this and force the NBC TVE channel to use a specific local stationID so that guide data matches what I actually see when watching the live channel?

What is the call sign shown on nbc.com/live

You mean in the nbc.com programming guide? WNBC. That's correct and matches what I see in the Channels DVR live stream. When I was manually editing channel 6000 assignment, the only option available was NBC 3. I think that actually maps to WSTM so is wrong guide data for channel WNBC.

Manually mapping for TVE locals is not required. It should have grabbed the station id for WNBC automatically. Can you email [email protected] and we can help figure out what's going on.

1 Like

NBC and Fox TVE have been working great here in Minneapolis since October. Now ABC TVE has been added to my lineup which was a nice surprise.

I've heard PBS is starting to be added to streaming services. Hopefully, this means they will start a live local TVE stream.

1 Like