Experimental: Local Networks (NBC, ABC, FOX) in some major metros via TVE

I think you can just re-scan or restart the server and it should pick up the change in stations. If that doesn't work, then yes, you would need to remove and re-add.

Are you getting any of the locals?
Does it show in the Rescan Channels menu, is there an error.
Have you tried rescanning just the ABC channel?
Working for me on DVR version 2021.09.12.1802

KOVR doesn't show up in the channels list at all:
Capture

I am using DirecTV for my TVE -- maybe they have a different contract arrangement than Comcast?

EDIT: forgot to include running version 2021.09.13.1435

Toggle the TVE locals checkbox via https url (i.e. my.channelsdvr.net)

It doesn't look like a 24/7 station:

1 Like

toggling the TVE locals checkbox didn't appear to help, HOWEVER, I looked into the logs (I know -- should have done that EARLIER) and found the following error:

[TVE] action=cbs_geo err=Get "https://geolocation.onetrust.com/cookieconsentpub/v1/geo/location": dial tcp 0.0.0.0:443: connect: connection refused

I am running ad blocking software on my entire network... so I whitelisted the domain, and now KOVR shows up! (KCRA disappeared, though... will have to look into that...)

AHA - I may be onto something here.

My work PC is on a proxy. That connection yields a zip in NYC (at least now). I guess I didn't realize that the geolocation was done on the browser of the web client - assumed it was done via chrome on the DVR itself.

Either way - this shouldn't be a huge issue on my end, as I'm in the NY DMA, but something to keep in mind for others.

EDIT - haha - even worse, my own ISP at home serves my geolocation in a county outside the NY DMA, so my initial thought was somewhat right, but not the right reason. Sigh.

I guess this needs reworded if the 18 stations listed as Fox O&O aren't streaming programming 24/7.
My affiliate station is available for streaming, but doesn't have programming 24/7, only primetime.

Can you submit diagnostics from the latest prerelease

9f85c32d-887e-4dd4-aa5e-75bad38dbffa

Let me know if you want me to try toggling TVE from "2 locations" (assuming my endpoints are same as yesterday)

What determines the station that is used for the local networks?

Say I have a Channels node set up in New York but the HDHomerun tuners are in Los Angeles. Right now it seems that the local affiliate that is tried for ABC is KABC instead of the New York affiliate. Is there a way to have it use the affiliate for the location where the node exists? The IP address of the node geolocates to New York.

Even though looking at the Q13 site, it shows a 24/7 schedule, TVE goes by the FOX network?

1 Like

I've made some big changes to the fox.com/live integration in v2021.09.17.0006

Now it will attempt to pull in FOX stations in areas where 24/7 stream is not available.

There may be a lot of bugs still. I am waiting until 8pm tonight to verify if it works.

10 Likes

Gave it a go - getting "TVE: platform response: 403 Forbidden"

Will be great if you can get this to work

EDIT:
Update now receiving:
Failed to start stream for ch6002: TVE: Stream Temporarily Unavailable
So will check again during hours when the stream is available

UPDATE2:
back to Forbidden during time when stream is available..

2021/09/17 19:13:20.804300 [HLS] Couldn't generate stream playlist for ch6002-dANY-ip192.168.155.108: TVE: platform response: 403 Forbidden
2021/09/17 19:13:20.804331 [HLS] Stopping transcoder session ch6002-dANY-ip192.168.155.108
2021/09/17 19:13:22.427842 [ERR] Failed to start stream for ch6002: TVE: platform response: 403 Forbidden

• FOXM feed

I now see guide data and a sign off in the guide. Any chance you'll be able to make the 4K games work?

1 Like

Runs flawless thank you for all your hard work getting this added.

1 Like

Interesting...

So theoretically it will show the national programming and be "signed off" during the rest of the time?

Very nice! :+1: :clap:

Getting this error in the logs, despite the abc site serving it with spectrum login

submitted ae00430f-80d8-498a-bc54-7abd45915652

2021/09/17 09:19:11.757240 [ERR] Could not start stream for TVE-Spectrum ch5985 WTNH: TVE: abcgo: 1039:This station's live stream is not available through your TV Provider.

Super! No problem with Fubo authentication. Waiting to see recording at 8:00 pm.