Experimental: Local Networks (NBC, ABC, FOX) in some major metros via TVE

Ug I did this and it worked…. But the server is in Philly and I did it remotely from Boston, and now the locals are Boston locals. Any way to redo this and have it be in philly? Do I need to call a family member and ask them to do it? The server is a synology ds220+.

Since the networks geo-locate the browser you used, you would need to do it from a browser preferably on your server or on the same network as your server.

With the new prerelease build, the server will now error out if it can't get geolocation information from the browser, and show a link that should help users try it again via https

4 Likes

I’m getting a “404 not found” error.

Jk….I’m not. just wanted this to be the 404th post in the thread.

1 Like

I am in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, and I can't get my local NBC affiliate (KARE) to appear in TV Everywhere. My provider is YouTube TV, and I can successfully log in and stream on nbc.com/live. ABC, Fox, and CBS all get scanned. Is there a location-based reason I am not seeing NBC, or is something else going on?

Try again with latest prerelease, then submit diagnostics and email support

1 Like

PBS Channels 30 (WABE) in Atlanta has gone live on DirecTV Stream. I tried to rescan channels, but it did not show up.

PBS networks are no longer supported; their web streams use DRM.

1 Like

The latest pre-release fixed it. Thanks for the help.

is there anyway the channel guide could be fixed for my local FOX Station WMSN in Madison WI im using Spectrum Every channel is working correctly now except FOX it uses the FOXC guide listings so most of the day shows SIGN OFF

It is showing "SIGN OFF" because you are not authorized to receive WMSN programming via TVE. You are only authorized to receive the national feed. If you are getting WMSN all (weekday) day long, then that is something that should be reported as a problem and fixed.

1 Like

Is anyone having issues with NBC? I am able to stream it fine by going to nbc.com/live but it never finds it when I rescan.

Make sure you're running the latest prerelease version of Channels DVR, then try this, substituting nbc for abc

2 Likes

I tried this on chrome, edge, Firefox and Brave. When I login to NBC I only get NBC New York. I am in chicago. There is nbcchicago.com that has a live stream but requires no login.

1 Like

NBC used to think I was in NY too, but I'm in CA. It fixed itself after some time.
As long as you're not using something to block or change geo-location, you can either wait, or complain to NBC that their website is giving you a NY, instead of local station.

So this is restricting me from getting any NBC station though?

1 Like

I don't think so. Is it?
I thought you were just talking about channel 6000.
Do you get the other NBC Networks https://www.nbc.com/networks

Yeah, sorry I worded that wrong. So I can stream the NY through NBC but channels won't give me that correct?

I was getting the NY station in Channels DVR when NBC thought I was in NY.
Try following my linked post above and see what channel 6000 gets you.

Should I at least see channel 6000? I don't even see it listed.