Experimental: Local Networks (NBC, ABC, FOX) in some major metros via TVE

Due to the combining discussed by others it made sense to me to DISABLE those channels in the Source I did not want them to come from. I.E. I prefer all my channels to come from TVE mainly because of the smaller streams (mpeg4) vs OTA (mpeg2). I also have been using Locast where I disabled these 3 channels from there.

I get the whole reason for not duplicating channels from multiple sources, but so many times when I'm testing this just creates extra headaches. For example I have a Prime and a Quatro tuner, and with locals also from TVE I know have 3 sources of local channels. Throw in Locast, (which I had just subscribed to for testing before TVE Locals was added), and there are 4 variations of feed to compare between. Its super difficult to switch between these to compare quality, as I found I needed to restart the DVR sometimes to get it to pick up the priority changes and favoriting.
It would be great to have a checkbox in the experimental settings to not hide duplicates, and allow us to test jumping between feeds in real time to get accurate comparisons.

1 Like

If you're looking to test between sources, I found the best method is to adjust the priority on the client, and then restart the client app.

Adjusting priority on the DVR only really affects the order in which inputs are chosen for recording. What makes the situation also difficult to compare input quality to one another is that you can only record a single instance of a program at a time; really checking the differences between inputs requires recording each input's version of the same program, which presently isn't possible.

Install a test Channels DVR on a home computer and have it record the show on one source, while your main Channels DVR records the other source.

I wonder why 6000 appears on on a non 4k apple tv and not on a 4k version. It appears on the web interface.

Did you try to CLOSE CHANNELS APP and then RESTART CHANNELS APP? Also, check your settings to see if you have anything different and if the channels are there and not disabled.

I can get 6000, but not 6002

I can't see 6000 on AppleTV and Firetv. Posted this several times already.

FYI.. All three work great here in LOS ANGELES on my Apple TV 4K's.

Can someone please explain to me how I can my local CBS through the add source? or any other way to my Channels DVR?
{Being I am in the NYC DMA my local CBS is O/O and I tested it with the link above (https://www.cbs.com/live-tv/stream/tveverywhere/) and it granted me access just by signing in with my TVE credentials (user/password), I did not have to create separate CBS user.}
PLEASE HELP?

CBS streams are only available with a separate CBS All Access or similar additional login. Therefore, CBS streams are not available through TVE logins.

Alternatively, CBS streams are available as part of a Locast login if you have a login that has donated (to stop the donation commercial interruptions) and are in a TV market that Locast supports.

Can I add CBS as a source? and if yes how?
It didn't show up in the drop-down menu and I couldn't find a place to add your own url to the source menu...

See above:

Good to know. So you have OTA and the TVE locals?

When I went to CBS website it did let me sign in because I am in a O/O market.
Would it be possible to add a source for CBS for those of us who are able to use it? or maybe you could add a feature "add your own source url" in the source drop down menu at the very end of the list...

As discussed above, the CBS stream doesn't work with just TVE login as CBS requires you to create another CBS account as well. This is not something our DVR knows how to deal with, and adding support will be very complicated due to how CBS accounts work.

1 Like

NYC Locast.org has CBS. Locast works with Channels if you are in those cities.

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Feature Request: LOCAST Support

Hello

I am having trouble getting nbc to work it is saying not authorized on Apple TV 4K, when I go to the nbc link and sign in with my provider I can watch live nbc. I am also having the same issue with fox.

Disregard it seems to be working after restart of computer.