Experimental: Stream Links from the Guide via Custom Channels

I just tried to turn that on and get a red triangle that says Local Networks via TV Everywhere

Your browser failed to retrieve your geolocation: User denied Geolocation. any idea how I would fix this?

I was doing some other digging around and noticed that there is no use either is there a way to get that?Sorry for all the questions I'm pretty new to all of this

What web browser and computer platform are you using? Windows, Mac? Asking because you probably have some privacy setting enabled that doesn't allow the software to share location, and this server, as a website, needs access to that location information, so it can determine what local channels you're allowed to stream.

Hopefully that gets you going in the right direction to figure that part out!

I don't understand what you're asking, can you rephrase?

stupid auto correct no usa channel. I am using a Mac and unfi is my router not sure where I would check at?

2 Likes

USA network is no longer available via TVE. It got DRM’d by its parent company NBC Universal.

Well, that sucks I was hoping there was some kind of workaround. I was reading that but was unsure not sure about the location thing working on it now I will let you know here shortly. Thank you for your help.

If the server is running on a macOS Ventura system too, check under:
Apple Menu > System Settings > Privacy & Security > Location Services

Earlier macOS instructions here: Allow apps to detect the location of your Mac - Apple Support

Also check the webpage permissions, change this to "Allow," might help?

We're veering off-course from the topic here though and this type of troubleshooting probably warrants its own thread. I hope this helps!

1 Like

sorry I did get to figured out. thank you for all your help

1 Like

I have followed the instructions above (April 23) and have successfully added the NBC stream links however, the channels will not open nor does it try to launch the NBC app... I also added the only NBC app I could find (in case I need it on the Channels server) and successfully logged in with provider credentials however the app will not open any channels either. I verified on another computer with the same failed results the channels just spin and never load. I have the latest pre-release software version: 2023.05.13.2233...
NBC Sports App
Do I even need the NBC app on my server or does Channels pop up the app?
I would appreciate any suggestions and help... Thank You, Steve

No, NBC app on client you are using to watch.
Open it, go to live, and load the channel u want and activate the app, (auth with your provider).
Be sure u have the latest Testflight beta Channels client app on your ATV or ios device. .

ok I'm trying to wrap my head around all of this. I having evening working pretty good. I use spectrum. how would I go about making stream links for nbc,usa,and the cw?I have been messing with it for a couple of days now and just cant seem to figure it out.

1 Like

The provider does not matter, that is just used to auth the app when u first install it.
I just used the "For Example:" text links in the OP for USA and SyFY, I do not care about the others.
Those work on tvOS. You may need to adjust them for Android use.
I have the normal NBC app installed, which is what u need.

Thank you for the help... where do I get the Testflight beta client app for my android clients and or Fire TV? Perhaps you could share a link?

3 Likes

ok I got the stream link to work. dose anyone know what the channel number is for the cw?

well maybe I got them to work use works on my phone but it opens it in you tube tv nbc docent work I get the 503 error and neither one works on my Apple TV. idk what I am doing wrong

1 Like

Testflight is for Apple clients. Look in the instructions to see how to get beta app for Android.

EDIT: Found tis post in this thread.

1 Like

got it and it works! Thank You... I don't suppose there is anything I could do for Fire TV stick yet?

FireStick is just modified Android i think. So the same method of sideloading should work.

1 Like

All the links: Channels — Beta Program

This information isn't on that page but may prove helpful:

On FireTV, install "Channels DVR" from the Amazon App Store, then click Settings > Player > Support > Install Channels DVR Beta.

3 Likes

so I got yhr stream links to work on my phone but not working on my Apple TV. also looking to add the cw dose anyone have a way to do it?