Experimental: Stream Links from the Guide via Custom Channels

Thanks, I think I am still missing the tvg-chno number.

If there is a guide we can put together on these numbers it would be awesome.

You can make up any number you want

youtubetv://watch/q6bWEVqhP8o should work, but only on iOS. It won't work on tvOS.

Thank you! Is that a limitation of the YTTV app on android? I did get MSNBC working through the NBC app/link but the video quality is horrible low res.

I know it's a limitation of the Apple TV version of the YTTV. I'm not familiar with the Shield. It looks like it runs a version of Android? You can give it a shot. I don't have a way to test it.

1 Like

"station-id: you can assign it afterwards:"
I thought the tvc-guide-stationid= was the hard link to the actual station for getting the EPG
so again, if that is correct, how do we find that stationid for the strmlink channels.
If that's not correct how does the EPG match to something like: twcweather://

See post #130.

Thanks again.it didnt work for me, must be app/os compatibilty with deep-links

Before I discovered Channels I used to experiment with recording from YTTV on nvidia shield, directly into Sagetv. The only way I could ever get YTTV to tune was through brute force adb commands with a batch script in windows or a linux variation. Windows sample still works. The movements are to get the keyboard search selected at the top of the android tv home screen:

@echo off
set "myvar2=%2"
set "myvar=%1"
if "%myvar%"=="" set /p "myvar=Enter Value: " || set "myvar=Default Value"
goto %myvar%

:732
rem USA
adb shell input keyevent KEYCODE_HOME; sleep 3
adb shell input keyevent 19 19 19 19; sleep 1; input keyevent 21 21 21; sleep 1; input keyevent 22; sleep 1; input keyevent 23; sleep 1
adb shell input keyevent 19; sleep 1
adb shell input text "stream\ usa\ on\ YouTube\ TV"
adb shell input keyevent 66
exit
:end

Any of you smarter folks know of an easier way that can be integrated into Channels?

Can't navigate to the live feed directly, but you can use this to open the app (requires latest TestFlight)

app://com.tennischannel.tceverywhere

app://tv.sny.ios

Aha! For those who want to launch YTTV on Apple TV, you can use app://com.google.ios.youtubeunplugged. I don't think you can launch directly into a channel like this. At least nothing I've tried has worked so far. Oddly, this doesn't work on iOS even though I got the bundle id from the iOS version.:man_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

Thank you for digging into this. I'm not too worried about iOS. Works great on ATV.

1 Like

This is a great addition and seems to work well.

Two questions:
• Will this also work on tvOS?
• How do we get a list of available channels/apps to create our own?

Thank you, I LOVE Channels DVR :grinning:

This works great! If you get the chance to post the channel numbers for Cinemax, THMAX HD, MOMAX HD, OMAX HD, and Music Choice 70's, that would be great. Thanks.

To find the spectrum channel numbers:

• open chrome web inspector to network tab
  • load watch.spectrum.net/livetv
  • filter requests to "/channels"
  • click response
  • click {} in bottom left of response
  • press ctrl+f and search for channel
  • copy networkId and tmsGuideId to create M3U entry

for example disney is 85:

1 Like

Is networkId a channel group id, and do I need another entry to narrow down the channel within the group, if the group has more than 1 channel?

What do you mean? The link for Disney is /livetv/85 and my screenshot shows 85 as networkId

I may be late to the party. I need some help coming up to speed. I'm trying to recover the ability of getting NBC content through Channels. I've never used strreamlink before and I can't figure out what I'm missing if I don't know how it works. I can't find a clear explanation.

Per the dialog above, I'm running the Android DVR with beta version 2023.04.29.2248. I'm running a Firestick client using beta 4.6.3-v404240443. I copy pasted the #EXINF: files from above in Sources using Add Source /Custom Channels.

The result is my NBC channels showing up in the guide perfectly. When I click one the screen goes black and will stay there forever.

So, what am I missing? I don't really see a pointer to my provider (HULU). Where is that connection made?

Thanks for your help,

Greg

1 Like

Stream Links open other apps to play content, in this case, a live stream. So the goal here is that it opens an app on your system to watch NBC.

You need to make sure you have the actual app that corresponds to the universal link the stream link will open and subsequently open the corresponding app.

Cinemax (53) and Music Choice (235) for example, have multiple channels with the same NetworkID. You use that channel # ID, and it opens the first channel in that group. I would like to link other channels in that group.