Experimental: TV/Movie deep-links via imported .strmlnk files

Did you use the full /showname/season number/episodefile folder structure?

Or did you just drag the file into an imports folder.

I kinda have it in two places.....Links/TV/American Greed/Season 9/9x1.strmlnk. But it also exists under Links/TV, as I set the TV Source to Links/TV in my attempt to get this setup.

I added some pre-release docs for Stream Links

2 Likes

This is an amazing new feature! Thanks so much, Channels dev team.

I'd love to see this support content from VUDU, if possible. My purchased movie and TV show library is largely on that service.

3 Likes

I was playing around with this last night, I downloaded the folders of strmlnks from @maddox 's GitHub repo. And then I imported far too many of them into Channels :-/
So to start over and clean it up, only import a few movies instead, I removed them all from my Channels DVR. However they are still appearing in my Channels client. I uninstalled the app from my AppleTV and re-installed the latest beta from TestFlight, but these imported titles via the strmlnks are still appearing in my Channels client. So how do I "flush the cache" and remove them entirely, so I can start over with a clean slate? I tried "Scan Sources" as well as "Prune Deleted" under the Maintenance menu, to no effect.

nolocalcontent

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried option #1 and it appears to have removed some of these strmlnk imports, but not all of them. The list remains quite long and I'd rather just clear it and start with a clean slate.

My Channels DVR is on an iMac and I don't have any Windows machines, is there a command I can run in Terminal.app to remove them instead?

Just remove the .exe ... cURL is the same across platforms.

Thank you for this feature. Just finished creating links for my iTunes movie library. Channels search on the movie name has allowed the integration that I wanted - one place to search.

I did find a couple of iTunes movies where the Apple tool returned the wrong link: Fort Apache (1948) and RED (2010). Always find to find such Easter Eggs!

My next step is to tackle TV series. Waiting for a full search based upon more than the movie name or show title - actors, directors, etc. Thanks again for a great product.

Thank you, I appreciate the assistance, but that command didn't work for me, I get an error that says "404 Not Found"

It's imports not import

1 Like

So this is just a stream from website, correct? So if I set up Iron man, No DV or Atmos?

It is a link. When you click the link, the other app opens and plays the video.

D'oh! Not sure how I missed that. Thanks. Problem solved.

I'm stuck. every txt file I make does not show up on my server when I try add the file to channels as movie source. Ever time I try create the file and title it example "soul (2020).strmlnk it adds .txt after which I delete. what am I doing wrong? Also am I missing how to just download the links from github? Thanks

That just sounds like some issue you need to work out with your operating system. It definitely needs to have the extension .strmlnk.

As for that repo full of links, you can just download it as a zip file.

1 Like

Perfect I will work on it more when I get home. I am using the raspberry PI 4 so that may be my issue. But I will download your strmlnk and see if I can get it working.

This is so awesome!

Movies work great. I'm having trouble with TV shows though. I downloaded your files from Github, added a new folder for TV shows and added that to the server. The shows appear to be in the right file structure (Show/Season/1x1.strmlink) but nothing comes into Channels. When I hit scan sources, it appears to run through my linked movie folders, but I don't see it ever scanning my tv show folder. When I look at the logs, I can see all the movies I've added, but I don't see any TV shows listed at all. Any ideas?

I think you need to update your dvr to a newer prerelease

That was it! I forget that you have to manually update the server for the prerelease since the iOS app updates itself.

Question on the files from the GitHub repo - I realize these are use at your own risk, and I certainly appreciate not having to chase down all of those files manually. The first show I tried (The Mandalorian), everything links to the correct episode. The second show I tried (Bluey) has all the episodes scattered. 1x1 plays 1x4, 1x2 plays 1x1, etc. with no discernable pattern. I don't really think there is anything you could do (nor do I expect that) but just curious if anybody else is seeing any shows with something like this happening. I've run through the first 10 and relinked them to the correct episode, but of course this is a kids show that somehow has 50 episodes in "Season 1" so I've got plenty to do.