Extra rogue sources in web UI without stations

Im seeing rougue sources in channels with zero stations.
Anyone else see this?
Cant seem to delete them…

Do you have a Tablo

@tmm1 Nope. Hdhomerun flex and a lot of distro, plex, pluto m3u sources.
Whats interesting is that i had those 5 rogue sources early this morning, then it jumped down to only one a few hours ago, and now its back up to 2 mystery sources.

Im not seeing any negative effects in performance, although there is another thread going with @eric regarding guide loading issues. I wonder if this is somehow related?

I also have a rogue source, SID_5087B820AD15. No tablo only 1 HDHR and it's configured.

I wonder if this might be related to HDHR tuners now supporting IPv6. Perhaps the tuners are sending out broadcasts across ALL interfaces/addresses, so Channels is picking up these extra broadcasts?

Can you submit diagnostics

Diagnostics sent f60c7f4a-af7e-434c-8948-e75a9261cedc

I just did a hdhomerun firmware update a couple of days ago. Hmmmm.

Not happening on my DVR's and I am on latest Beta Firmware.

Unless it has to do with this ....

HDHomeRun Firmware (20230107beta1)

• ATSC3: support RTP radio channels.

diagnostic logs submitted:

ef0b8e80-cd2a-4f11-86b2-d18c5ecb07b7

Not related to HDHR. We do a upnp scan for Tablo devices. I guess something else on your network is responding the same way Tablo does, I guess. I will have to add more logging into our system because the diagnostics are not showing me which IP is responsible.

I will probably also make Tablo code optional behind an experimental checkbox.

Interesting tidbit that i wanted to relay.
Just updated to the latest dvr prerelease and the rogue sources have all gone away after a manual “scan network”. There were 4 extras sources today with no stations prior to updating - now all gone, at least for now.

Manually scanning previously didnt seem to help.

More feedback.

This morning the rogue sources came back and wont go away with the scan network function.

Now rush on this, just was hoping something got coded in the last beta release. Thought you nailed it yesterday when saw the extra sources go away after the scan.

I figured out what's going on but haven't had a chance to implement a fix yet.

The tablo discovery code talks to their servers, and either their systems are fucked up or you're sharing IPs (CGNAT?) with someone who does have a tablo device.

What's this show: https://api.tablotv.com/assocserver/getipinfo/

Very interesting Aman..

I just switched to t-mobile about three weeks ago and am behind their cgnat now. The discovery of the extra rogue sources coincides with this timeframe.

I have a double NAT configuration with my whole setup behind the same netgear router that used to be behind the conventional cable modem from my old isp.

Since i cant put the tmobile gateway in bridge mode i have the double NAT.

I must be sharing external ip addresses because of the cgnat.

This was the response from the url.

{"success": true, "cpes": [{"serverid": "SID_5087B8007B52", "host": "tablo-dual", "name": "Tablo", "board": "dual", "server_version": "2.2.40rc2202115", "public_ip": "172.58.82.182", "private_ip": "192.168.86.25", "http": null, "ssl": null, "slip": null, "roku": null, "last_seen": "2023-01-15 02:46:12.892440+00:00", "modified": "2023-01-15 02:46:12.895255+00:00", "inserted": "2017-05-22 21:29:06.925719+00:00"}]}

———————————————
Edit:

today i just tested your url again and for now getting:

{"success": true, "error": {"code": 80, "message": "None found"}}

End edit
—————————————

Im assuming the private ip address above is from someone else. Probably their tablo device?
Im running my local network at 192.168.1.xx, and the tmobile gateway is on 192.168.12.xxx

I have a couple of port forward vestiges left on my router from when i was behind the cable modem. One is to plex on port 32400 and the other is to channels on port 8089. I assume they are not doing anything any more because external requests no longer come through because of the tmobile gateway. Do you advise getting rid of these?

Im using tailscale to get into channels dvr when not at home, and i think for now plex is using its relay when im not at home. I havent investigated how to trick plex into remote access without using its relay, but frankly mostly everything i need to get to remotely is from channels and tailscale is working fine for that.

BTW I also looked at my uPnP setup on my netgear router and it is turned on and showing active for port 8089 on my channels server ip address.

Do you advise i turn off uPnP in my netgear router now that im behind the tmobile gateway? Would that help filter out the tablo stuff coming from url you gave me? Or would turning off uPnP keep my local channels clients from discovering channels on my home network?

I think there are going to be more and more people behind cgnat gateways. Im getting 500mb down and 80mb up for $25 per month. So any helpful tips to me and others who are making the switch to cgnat configurations will be useful to many people going forward.

Sorry for my ramblings and extra router questions , but i hope this extra info helps with your software fix for this use case and also helps get the info out there for others in our channels community.

I am CGNAT. T-Mobile.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.