Favorites Aren't Working on a Per Device Level

I posted this as a reply to a relevant topic that appears to be over in the Apple TV section, so feel free to respond to either or, or delete one if you’d like.

Back on January 15th, tmm1 made said this…

Yes favorites are per-device.

I was happy to see this as my family needs each device - all Fire TV pendants aside from my Apple TV - to have it’s own favorites. However, for some reason, each Fire TV is showing the same favorites even though I’ve only set one of them. I didn’t even think this was supposed to be a feature yet.

It would appear that all that’s happening is whenever I set a favorite in the Channels app, it’s making that change at the HDHomerun level and then HDHomerun is sending that favorited channel to all of the devices.

Am I missing something, or can you point me in the right direction to get this to function the way that it was original supposed to function?

Thanks!

Favorites on the Apple TV app are per-device.

Favorites on Android and Fire TV are synced with the hdhomerun.

I know this doesn’t make much sense. Thanks for opening a thread about it and outlining your use case.

Ah, I see. Not what I was hoping for, but thanks for the clarification.

If you could consider putting finding a solution for that on your to-do list (a user-controlled option for choosing to sync or not sync favorites with feature parity across platform), that would be awesome. I’m sure there are plenty other priorities, but just a request for your consideration.