Feature request: Ability to view full description and cast

The ability to click on a truncated program description in order to display the full program description and additional details like cast members when available.

3 Likes

Agreed. The detail modal has no ability to scroll for additional text, nor is other information presented.

(This is made more egregious by the data being available, yet having now means to display it.)

I like this idea. My kids are always looking for the cast members real names and the ability to show the casts members info of what other shows they are acting in.

Plex server has this option and my kids abuse it like it's sugar for everything they watch.

Great idea. That's an easy vote. :slightly_smiling_face:

Vote +1

We’re aware of all of this and hate it too. There’s just many constraints that need to be dealt with before things can be made better. It just hasn’t had the same priority of the other things we have worked on and delivered.

But know we feel the pain.

And my kids love looking at the actors too :grin:

5 Likes

The detail modal and its inability to fully display truncated descriptions is one of many paper cuts that have been present from the beginning. It's nice to know this has been acknowledged, but it is even more disturbing to know that it has been bothering the developers, too, yet still hasn't been addressed.

vote +1