Feature Request: Automatic channel collections based on M3U "group-title"

I would like to request the ability to automatically add channels to a collection based on the M3U "group-title". Because my provider has more channels available than I need, I use an m3u editor to curate my list before adding it to the channels server. The editor allows for custom groups to be created beyond just your typical default names like "Movies" or "News" or "Sports". For example, I have a group of channels tailored to my home state called "Kansas", and I have another that is backup stations for the main ones in my list that I've aptly named "backups". Specifically for my backups category, If I create a collection, I can't have channels added automatically because it is a mix of everything (sports, news, movies, etc) and it'll grab more than just those backup channels if I use the genres option.

So rather than alway having to manually add entries to the collection, If there were a new drop down under the automatic channels area that could read the m3u file and let you pick the group-title from a pick list source and genre, it would then add them in automatically when/if I change them in my editor.

S/N: In the Channel collection area, can you please add the ability to select and remove multiple manually added channels? Right now, you have to hit the remove button for each one, which gets a bit obnoxious if you have a lot of channels you need to remove.

Great feature suggestion but in the meantime this bookmarklet helps a lot with that particular workflow:

1 Like

That's some top notch work! Thanks for pointing me to it @Fofer !