Feature request: Day forward and back in the guide

I like surfing through the guide to see what’s on, but 90% of the TV I record is between 8pm and 11pm at night, and sometimes I just want to view what’s on then on a day-by-day basis. I was wondering if the AppleTV remote could be set up such that a top-right or top-left click goes backwards and forwards in one day increments?

I’m posting here rather than in the Channels ATV forum, which might seem like the more natural place, as the non-DVR people generally can’t see that far forward in the guide.

Thanks.

2 Likes

+1…being able to skip forward or back a day would be a nice feature!

1 Like

I’d like to bump this topic but I don’t think trying to find a remote button combination is the right thing. The Android and Fire TV versions now have DVR schedule data in the Guide now and soon DVR management will be implemented so it seems an appropriate time to discuss DVR user interface matters.

Personally I would like to see a “Jump to” section similar the the category slecector (All, HD, Favourites etc) at the top of the guide. So you would get a drop down with “Now” “Tomorrow” “Sat 23” “Sun 24” “Mon 25” etc. Whether this goes out as far as 21 days or 7 days would be enough I don’t know. A 21 day drop down could be cumbersome. Perhaps it could be configurable even.

+1 on this…