Fire TV audio out of sync for 5.1

Just purchased and installed app. Using it for live tv from a Homerun connect duo. Sound syncs fine until I choose surround sound in settings. Then it goes way out of sync.

Please fix!

Also, why no Fire TV beta forum/testers? I’d like to be one!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It looks like the FireTV uses a different method/api for surround sound, so we will need to integrate that instead of the standard Android driver we’re using now.

Thanks for the quick reply. The surround sound issue is also messing around with the picture after a half hour or so. I started to see choppy video (missing frames). I don’t see the choppy video when surround sound is off.

Any rough time line on a fix?

It looks like this is going to require a big rewrite of our audio driver, so it will take some time. The upside is that we can add true ac3 bitstream passthrough with the new API making it well worth the effort.

For now I have disabled the surround sound option on the FireTV, but hope to bring it back sometime next month.

1 Like

An update has been submitted to Amazon with the Surround Sound setting re-enabled. You can update to v1.0.15 on your FireTV