Fire TV Cube - Stuttering/Dropping Frames

Good Evening,

I have been using Channels 2.0 for a few days with my Prime and I am still noticing some frame rate issues. Both the Channels App and the HDHR app seem to be experiencing the issue. To make sure there isn’t another cause in the system, I first made sure my regular fire TV was working fine in another location. It worked without issue, so the HDHR prime isn’t the cause. I also moved that Fire TV to the location where the Cube currently is and the stream worked perfectly (meaning the Ethernet connection is fine as well. This means that either there is something wrong with my Fire TV cube, or the software needs to be optimized for the Fire TV Cube. Please advise as to how I should proceed.

Thanks,
Cody

I’ll have a chance to dig in further next week when I return home and have access to my FireTV cube.

If the HDHR app is having similar issues then chances are high that the problem is at the OS level.

I spent countless hours debugging on the Cube this week, and I think I might have figured out what’s going on. I’m testing a fix that hopefully solves it once and for all :crossed_fingers: