FireTV v1.0.16

previously posted a reply regarding Stick V1 on Gen 1 FireTV HD glitchiness.

Now trying a FireStick V2 with 1.0.16 (same setup as previous):

Playing a recording (720 H.264) and an On Now “Live” showing…appears to work…however, need a bit more time to test completely.

I thought Stick V2 was the minimum supported.

1.0.16: AFTV Stick V1 on 5.6 ghz wi-fi (AC Router 15’)…no surrond sound enabled. Previous testing on Beta version…no problems.

Video playback on Live and Recordings seem to be in slo mo. Audio at first appears to be OK, but then sometimes cuts out. Also, some keystrokes can cause crash back to AFTV menu.

Diagnostics Send: On

Had my first A/V sync issue today on 1.0.16 on an FTV2. Surround sound was on, auto was probably off by 100ms (I’ve done a lot of A/V setup tuning so have an ear for the delays by now!!). Turning it off resulted in normal sync.

On AFTV stick V2, playing both AVC (h.264) and mpeg2 (1080i) channels “Live” works consistently. Also playback of recordings from either source works great.

Only problem I’ve encountered is trying to utilize double tap to skip commercials in their entirety. As early on I also had problems utilizing on ATV4 and subsequently perfected, this is probably due to operator error. Any suggestions, would be helpful. Otherwise, I will keep trying.

Great implementation on AFTV Stick V2…as I can still ffwd to end of commercial break for recordings.

1.0.17 released. I see from the release notes it includes video stutter improved playback with surround sound and interlacing on Nexus Player.

I forgot about my Nexus Player so dug it out and it works very nicely.

However 1.0.17 has introduced a crashing bug on FTV (tested on FTV2). It’s a weird one though. After installing it repeatedly crashed after playing any video. The video would appear for a second (static and pixellated as it always is on the Android version) and then the app crashed. After 5 or 6 crashes it correctly played video without crashing and was stable from then on. I then unplugged the FTV to test the Nexus Player. After that I plugged the FTV in again and rebooted. Again Channels crashed repeatedly for about 3 consecutive tries and then again successfully played a video and after that was stable. I will keep an eye on the pattern.