For those of us that live in between local markets, picking up stations from Multiple cities

The ability to have more than 1 zip code to pull in channel guide data.
Example:
From SW Florida i receive channels from Tampa, Fort Myers and Orlando.

At this time i can not locate (or stumble upon) a zip code that gathers and correlates data from all 3 markets so my guide isn’t full

This is kind of complicated at the moment, but possible. See Living in multiple OTA viewing areas for guide info? and let me know if you have problems figuring it out

Nice, doesn’t appear overly complicated.
I’ll give it a shot!

Thank you

Humm… I am not all that familiar with the powershell. i’ve gotten an error

i made the stationnum substitutions and the usig the new zip code

my input:
PS C:\Users\Scott> Invoke-WebRequest -UseBasicParsing -Method Put --data ‘{“10.1”:“20495”,“27.1”:“31505”,“18.3”:“26588”,
“31.2”:“78613”}’ http://192.168.0.97:8089/dvr/guide/stations/USA-OTA33508

its response:
Invoke-WebRequest : A positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument
‘{“10.1”:“20495”,“27.1”:“31505”,“18.3”:“26588”,“31.2”:“78613”}’.
At line:1 char:1

• Invoke-WebRequest -UseBasicParsing -Method Put --data '{“10.1”:"20495 …
  •   + CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (:) [Invoke-WebRequest], ParameterBindingException
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PositionalParameterNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.InvokeWebRequestCommand

Change --data to -Body

Thank you. This worked.

However the updated guide displays on channels DVR at random. But seems too always display the complete guide only on the web ui. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

I’m not sure what you mean

ATV displays the same as iOS
However the complete guide displays at random meaning channel 10 will have complete guide data at times and at other times it displays as these examples.
90 minutes ago they displayed perfectly.

When performing a:
Invoke-WebRequest -UseBasicParsing -Method Put --body '{"10.1":"20495","27.1":"31505","18.3":"26588",
"31.2":"78613"}' http://192.168.0.97:8089/dvr/guide/stations/USA-OTA33508

Note: channel 10 data missing on the iPad.

The guide only displays on one device.
The left devices in this image is a atv4k, right iPad Pro 12

I’ve 3 atv4, iPhone, iPad.

After performing the Invoke-WebRequest ... on the server, only 1 device will display the full guide (perhaps the 1st device to access the server?) then displays for approx 8 hours only.

It appears random, the full guide rarely displays on the same device 2 times in a row.
Then stops displaying at all on any device so I must “re invoke” daily.

I can’t seem to repeat steps to recreate this in any reasonable fashion.

Also happens on beta (updated 10 minutes ago) and release versions.
Server: 2017.11.03.0006

Hmm. After fixing the DVR, try on any client to go to Settings, click and hold HDHR, and select Refresh Device. That should load the latest data from the DVR server.

C[quote=“tmm1, post:10, topic:2148”]
on any client to go to Settings, click and hold HDHR, and select Refresh Device.
[/quote]

Action completed on the ATV4s
No such dialog displayed on the iphones/ipad.

Waiting to see if they refresh.

After 10 minutes or so, no refresh occurred.

Oh and the guide is cutting out at 10pm. I’ve never seen it stop. This is what it looks like

On the DVR web ui, do the channels have the correct logos and data?

This command is using the wrong guide code at the end. The guide code should match what is assigned to your HDHRs (shows up under your HDHR on the DVR settings page). This is a different one so that’s why the overrides are not taking effect.

Not at present, no.

But though I could be wrong, I’d swear they have displayed in the past.

Uploading…

You fixed it and set me straight, thank you!

1 Like

Is there a newer way to accomplish this now?

A few new area channels have popped up and it appears that tvlistings.zap2it.com no longer displays the channel number needed.

Did that. However the new channels don’t exist in that resource. Not via this method or on http://tvlistings.zap2it.com. They are listed on TitanTV but I’ve not been able to stumble across the station ids there.

You can check other nearby zipcodes, or use the contact link at the bottom of zap2it to ask them to add the missing stations.

Instead of USA-OTAZZZZZ, you can also try one of these codes for all the generic channels in a timezone:

USA-DFLTE - eastern time (US)
USA-DFLTC - central time (US)
USA-DFLTM - mountain time (US)
USA-DFLTP - pacific time (US)
USA-DFLTH - Hawaii time (US)
USA-DFLTA - Alaska time (US)
CAN-DFLTEC - eastern time (Canada)
CAN-DFLTMC - mountain time (Canada)
CAN-DFLTCC - central time (Canada)
CAN-DFLTPC - pacific time (Canada)