Fox @ 4k HDR

Don't tell anyone, but you can if you set the default start padding to a negative number.
To set the default to start 5 minutes late
curl -XPATCH http://127.0.0.1:8089/dvr --data-binary '{"PaddingStart":"-300"}'
If running curl from Windows use
curl -XPATCH http://127.0.0.1:8089/dvr --data-binary "{\"PaddingStart\":\"-300\"}"

You’re making this way harder than it has to be. You don’t need curl to set negative padding, it can be done in DVR settings on the web interface.

We're talking about start (pre-) padding. not end (post-) padding.
The only other way currently is to set negative padding in the pass.

Will find out this Thursday if recording picks up the switch to 4k.
Scheduled two 5 minute manual recordings.
First starts 1 minute before the game.
Second starts 5 minutes into the game.
Screenshot 2023-01-22 at 12-27-41 Channels Schedule

4 Likes

Hope it works.

I just noticed in the Fox Sports app, the HDR feed of the game actually starts at 6:31PM instead of 6:30pm

1 Like

Huh?
The Iowa @ Michigan State game is showing as 7-9 PM Eastern time

Are you talking about Cowboys @ 49ers on Fox tonight?
Channels DVR doesn't do Fox in 4K yet.

I'm talking about the NFL playoff game on tonight. Just for information for your Iowa game later this week. In the app, if you were watching the NFL pre-game, its stays in SDR and doesn't switch. The HDR feed is a separate program that starts a minute later than the SDR feed. You have to switch from the original pre-game feed to the HDR feed that starts a minute later. If you just stay in the pre-game SDR feed, it stays SDR even when the game starts.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. I'm not using the app, but I assume the feed Channels DVR gets would be the same one.

It doesnt switch on the FoxNow app either. You have leave the pregame show and restart the game to get 4K.

Yes. That was my point. And you have to select the UHD/HDR stream that starts 1 minute later.

Don't have the Fox Sparts app, but this site schedule shows this Sunday's Pregame show on Fox will be in 4K. Does the Fox Sparts app show it that way?

Fox NFL Sunday is listed as 4K as well as the game.
Fox NFL Kickoff is not listed as 4K.

Thanks

So the schedule reads
FOX NFL Kickoff for an Hour
FOX NFL Sunday for an Hour
NFL Football 49ers at Eagles

Sounds like staying tuned in to NFL Sunday (@4K) will keep the 4K connection when the game starts?

1 Like

@tmm1
Is Channels DVR set for TVE local Fox 4K?

1 Like

No

Thanks for the confirmation.
We're all hoping it works by February 12th :grin:

2 Likes

how did you get two recordings set up for the same event?

curl based manual recordings.

I’m going to try 2 recordings at the same time by a regular one time recording and the second by recording the following game with a 90 minute start early buffer. Obviously it will miss the first 30min of the game. Curious to see if the padded recording will pick up 4k and what happens at the end of the first game.

1 Like