Fox TVE 6002 not working

My local Fox 35 Orlando (WOFL) now gets 500 internal server error when trying to stream. Before it would connect but with the 'stream is having technical difficulties' banner.

2 Likes

I finally figured out my problem (i.e., why I couldn't get Channel 6002 for WNYW New York's O&O Fox station back in my TVE YouTube TV source lineup). I must have somehow deleted just that 6002 station when troubleshooting, and tried multiple rescans and never got 6002 back (no error message, it just never came back). I finally deleted YouTube TV as a source and tried to re-add it, and I THEN saw the error message about Google blocking the authentication process. Did a little more digging in the blogs and realized that running the Channels DVR server on a Raspberry Pi and trying to use TVE with YouTube TV credentials no longer works.

I pulled an old MacBook out of the closet, installed Channels DVR server on it, moved my external hard drive from the Pi to the Mac, and was able to get back ALL my TVE channels (including 6002) using my YouTube TV credentials.

Unless I'm missing something, the Channels development team should really make it obvious and clear that YouTube TV TVE with the DVR server on a a Raspberry PI just doesn't work anymore.

2 Likes

Fox here at my location n 6002 is useless.
I moved my presets to use my ADB Tuner with YTTV.
I don't wantch fox that much but already have to do this same thing with NBC and couple of other stations not available on TVE.

Hi Everyone, I have seen in other posts that the TVE channel for FOX is very flaky. The behavior I see seems a little different though. I added FOX TVE last year mainly so I can record Sunday football games. Everything worked great last year, zero issues. This year during the NFL preseason games I noticed the channel would load but the video would be a FOX banner saying "This stream is experiencing technical difficulties." Fast forward to now, I get "could not fetch playlist 404 not found" errors when trying to watch the channel. The odd part is that if I watch the channel during the week most of the time it works great.

Has anyone else noticed this? Just trying to see if something is messed up on my end or if this is just something I should just give up on.
Thanks

It's definitely flaky. I also get a 404 error.
Follow up on this thread instead of creating new ones. Easier for everyone to follow.

I've tried everything suggested in these forums.. I cannot get Fox Network to work in TVE.. The guide is there, I can access Fox network app, but not in Channels DVR. This is what I get.

Any suggestions?
Also can't access the server in Chrome or Edge on my PC, only on my android phone.
Thanks in advance.

There's been problems getting the FOX TVE to work. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. If you need to watch FOX and don't have an antenna setup, then pipe the Feed in directly from your provider's site or app with ah4c/HDMI or CC4C.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Can't access DVR server from my PC

I went to check fox 6002 on my system during sports event and looks like it is mostly dead.
I've moved to YTTV plus project and or Fubo TV.

thanks

2 Likes

FOX 6002 in Austin, TX via YTTV

So what is the source of that, Fox TVE ch6002 (KTBC Fox 7) or an HDHR tuner ch7-1 (KTBC Fox 7)
Working here Live News Stream: Watch FOX 7 Austin

Sorry, have been having HDHomeRun problems and it was on my brain.
Source is YTTV.

Only one TVE Fox station works afaik. The one in New York.

2 Likes

The one for Washington DC also works, just for primetime and sports (but it's been like that for a couple of years).

I would strongly suggest looking for alternatives.

Did NYC stop working?

No. WNYW is working fine for me right now.

+1

Rescanning fixed it. I got nervous for a sec